The Ceasefire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ceasefire

Loinburger and I have a ceasefire agreement. All uncivil behavior between me and loinburger will cease until the agreement is broken by someone.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

So I could break it?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No. To clarify, only an uncivil action from me or loinburger towards the other will break it.

Comment

Oh. I enjoy the banter between you two.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is doomed from the start.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Not if Loin immediately puts Kid on ignore and doesn't mention him again. Otherwise, yes, "uncivil" is sufficiently vague that pretty much anything could kick it off.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I have faith in both of us. That said, let there be a public record if either one breaks the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Oh. I enjoy the banter between you two.
                You've been a big part of the problem for awhile.

Comment

Oh my! Really? This is like getting invited to come on stage with your favorite band!
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Strictly speaking, the ceasefire as dictated by Loin in the other thread was "you don't say anything stupid/evil, and I don't yell at you for saying anything stupid/evil." That's from memory, so a word or five may be off, but I think there's a misunderstanding here.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that people don't want peace?

Comment

Still have to get loinburger to confirm that he desires true peace.

Comment

And the show goes on.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't count your chickens...

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              Loinburger and I have a ceasefire agreement. All uncivil behavior between me and loinburger will cease until the agreement is broken by someone.
                              Not exactly:

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              So I'm not supposed to mock you for saying that you personally attacked me "for the greater good"? No, this requires a ceasefire - you stop posting things that are stupid and/or evil, and I'll stop mocking you for posting things that are stupid and/or evil. Problem solved!
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X