God bless America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Apparently all FIFA employees in Switzerland have been told they are not allowed to leave the country. That includes some big names as they're all there for the election.
    Including Blatter
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A U.S. 2022 and a Netherlands/Belgium (or even pan-Europe) 2018 may just be possible now.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm guessing that the US isn't going to get a World Cup for a veeeery long time. They may help in cleaning up the game a bit, but there will be a backlash from non-UEFA countries.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Or even England 2018. Although I'm not sure I could deal with the vast outpouring of optimism followed by the crushing despair when we get knocked out in the quarter finals by Germany on penalties.

Comment

I seriously doubt that Russia is going to be booted as 2018 WC host. I mean they likely didn't bribe any more than any of the previous hosts did. It's got far more of a soccer history than, say, South Africa for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              I seriously doubt that Russia is going to be booted as 2018 WC host. I mean they likely didn't bribe any more than any of the previous hosts did.
              Considering their response to the Garcia investigation was "Sorry, we completely coincidentally happened to destroy all the computers we used" I think there are probably a couple of question marks hanging over it.

Comment

Putin knows how to hide the evidence .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Putin knows how to hide the evidence .

Click image for larger version

Name:	political-pictures-vladimir-putin-whose-funeral.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	9101536

I never get tired of posting this.
                  Last edited by The Mad Monk; May 27, 2015, 16:42.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And in a move that surprises absolutely no-one, Blatter just got re-elected as president of FIFA..

Comment

The fix was in.

But the US and Canada didn't vote for him.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He's had the African and Asian votes sown up for years. Africa has more federations than any other region, so its a huge deciding factor in elections, and he's been sending a lot of money from FIFA coffers that way.

Comment

Just another example of why I wouldn't want a true global world government.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Just another example of why I wouldn't want a true global world government.
                            I would have to reluctantly agree. Enlightened self interest isn't always a bad thing, is it?
                            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Enlightened self interest
                              For some reason that term just makes me laugh. As opposed to Unenlightened self interest.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                Oh Russia...
                                Russia is liberal
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X