Christian business owners . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I'm sure, because I insist that the Creeds are correct and that we can actually know an actual Christian by those who affirm the Creed.
    That is a very small part of it. Mainly because you are a racist, misogynist, homophobe, and all-around disgusting person. Because virtually everything you type is either dishonest or profoundly ignorant.

Your castigating of other Christians for disagreeing with you on irrelevant and unprovable theological matters is more of a humorous side-show.

Comment

• How did people know who was a Christian before the creeds existed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        FWIW, this sort of discussion has the completely unwanted effect of my agreeing (in general) with Ben Kenobi and Sava. I consider Christians to be Trinitarians, as defined by the creed developed in the Council of Nicea. At best, I'd consider non-Trinitarians as Heretical Christians - though it's kind of like considering Jews for Jesus to still be Jews.
        basically this.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
          How did people know who was a Christian before the creeds existed?
          Via game shows. Lion says, "Tastes like Christian"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            Via game shows. Lion says, "Tastes like Christian"
            You got punished for disagreeing with the creed.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              basically this.
              That means that Imran, you, and BK are condemning not only me and Aeson, but Slowwhand and every other Christian (including people like John Wesley) who doesn't believe in that creed to Hell. Imran and BK are the only ones who get into Heaven. Elok is Eastern Orthodox which doesn't officially accept the creed either. Any Baptists are also condemned.

Comment

basically this.
                That means that Imran, you, and BK are condemning not only me and Aeson, but Slowwhand and every other Christian (including people like John Wesley) who doesn't believe in that creed to Hell. Imran and BK are the only ones who get into Heaven. Elok is Eastern Orthodox which doesn't officially accept the creed either. Any Baptists are also condemned.

Comment

• you seem to understand nothing about christianity. i suggest that you read the bible.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

you seem to understand nothing about christianity. i suggest that you read the bible.
                    You don't even know what the creed says that you approved of. You're a non-thinker.

Comment

• you want proof that christians believe in the trinity?

Comment

you want proof that christians believe in the trinity?
                        That question highlights your stupidity. Are you claiming to think? Ok. Let's see.

Comment

• so just to be clear, you're denying that christians believe in the trinity?

i think a little bible reading may be in order.

Comment

so just to be clear, you're denying that christians believe in the trinity?

i think a little bible reading may be in order.
                            SOME Christians believe in the Trinity. I never implied that that isn't true. Those creeds are part of a very ugly history of Christianity, a history of intolerance.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              How did people know who was a Christian before the creeds existed?
                              The Creeds were to deal with the issue - lot of interesting and strange heresies existed in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Nicea was the earliest attempt to codify Christian belief (at least on things that were seemingly controversial). This question that you ask was an important one.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• SOME Christians believe in the Trinity. I never implied that that isn't true. Those creeds are part of a very ugly history of Christianity, a history of intolerance.
                                "some"? that's an odd way of saying "almost all". which groups claim to be christians while rejecting the trinity: unitarians, mormons, jehovah's witnesses, christadelphians, a smattering of pentecostalists, maybe a few other small groups? their beliefs are completely outside mainstream christianity.

Comment

Working...
                                X