Which country would you rather live in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    If you go to an emergency room you will get treatment with or without insurance, if you need it to save your life. That's what I'm talking about.

Any decent healthcare in Russia will come at a price.
    Sounds... the same
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      I think you're thinking of the wrong Ecuador there.
      Isn't there a small island in the middle of nowhere in the pacific ocean called equador?

Comment

Easter Island? The Galapagos?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

propably those ones. :/
          i searched for equador and indeed is a land country.
          I thought it was an island like the galapagos.

Comment

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

And the worst thing is that his geography knowledge is probably still better than 90% of young americans.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had a black Spanish teacher from Quito in college. She wasn't gay though.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

there was a guy from school who said he was from equador and he said it was a small island in the middle of nowhere and he kept saying how awesome it was and that it was like paradise etc
                  his name was jose' (which means "stuff it in", in greek) so we basically made fun with that

Comment

or now that I think better of it, he said it was on the "equatorial line" :/

Comment

Spanish speaking islands near equator:
                      Galapagos
                      Portuguese speaking islands near equator:
                      Sao tome and principe

Comment

so it must have been the galapagos because he could speak spanish too.
                        btw his name always came up when he was trying to score in basketball or trying to approach girls

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          And the worst thing is that his geography knowledge is probably still better than 90% of young americans.
                          I see this repeated all the time but I don't think it's actually true, in particular that Americans are especially ignorant about geography. Some people know about geography and some people don't. If you ask the average Brit to point out, say, Bhutan on a map they'd have just as much trouble.

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Spanish speaking islands near equator:
                          Galapagos
                          Portuguese speaking islands near equator:
                          Sao tome and principe
                          You forgot Equatorial Guinea, which speaks Spanish.

Comment

it's always nice to learn new things

I'm quite positive that it must have been either santiago, isabella, santa cruz, san christobal or fernantina (which are, after searching the main galapagos islands )

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              I see this repeated all the time but I don't think it's actually true, in particular that Americans are especially ignorant about geography. Some people know about geography and some people don't. If you ask the average Brit to point out, say, Bhutan on a map they'd have just as much trouble.
                              Most of them could find their own country though.

Originally posted by National Geographic
                              The National Geographic–Roper 2002 Global Geographic Literacy Survey polled more than 3,000 18- to 24-year-olds in Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Sweden and the United States.

Sweden scored highest; Mexico, lowest. The U.S. was next to last.

About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; Japan, to 58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 percent.
                              http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...perSurvey.html

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                                X