Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police, Officials Resign After Small Missouri Town Elects First Black Female Mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once got a ticket for 32 in a 25. It got tossed out in court (always hire a lawyer). I remember sitting there listening to all the speeders... 90 in a 55... 80... 70 in a 45... 50 in a 25... 60 in a 40.

They get to me... 32 in a 25. There was audible laughter.

I didn't actually need my lawyer that day. The judge just looked at the case and dismissed it.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Contrary to popular believe, departments do not have quotas*; however, the number of civilian contacts may have an effect on yearly reviews.

* Obviously, I have not interacted with all departments, but I have interacted with a lot of officers from a large number of different departments through refreshers and special training classes. I have yet to have anyone say their department has ticket quotas.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

That's what I was thinking too Donegeal, which is why the idea of a quota in the article seemed so crazy to me.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

The article doesn't actually mention quotas as far as I can see, it just says other officers were averaging a certain number and he was way below that. If that's consistent over time, then it would suggest he was either not doing his job properly or was taking a different approach to the rest of the department.

I genuinely don't know what to think about the case. It looks bad at first, and it certainly sounds like there is ingrained racism in the town (the car incident is appalling), but it doesn't make any sense that a hugely experienced chief would go looking for a minority candidate and then fire him during probation for being a minority. I suspect he probably wasn't a great fit for the department, and once he started to become ostracized from the department, the racism of the town started to show its ugly head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            I once got a ticket for 32 in a 25. It got tossed out in court (always hire a lawyer). I remember sitting there listening to all the speeders... 90 in a 55... 80... 70 in a 45... 50 in a 25... 60 in a 40.

They get to me... 32 in a 25. There was audible laughter.

I didn't actually need my lawyer that day. The judge just looked at the case and dismissed it.
            The fact that people challenge 90 in a 55 says a lot about our society. You should be proud.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Pretty much everyone pled guilty.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Just hoping the witnessing cop didn't appear in court?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Just hoping they wouldn't report the ticket to their insurance companies.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    yeah, spraypainting ****** on his car was totally about his job performace

you dumbshit
                    That was months later, dumb****. After he threatened to sue and some local skin heads decided to tag his car.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      That was months later, dumb****. After he threatened to sue and some local skin heads decided to tag his car.
                      Oh... that's ok then... We all have our crosses to burn after all...
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Doesn't sound like racism or sexism to me so much as a corrupt old boy's network losing an election and then its corrupt members going "you can't fire me, I quit."
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                          Doesn't sound like racism or sexism to me so much as a corrupt old boy's network losing an election and then its corrupt members going "you can't fire me, I quit."
                          It can be a combination of all three: sexism, racism, and monied corruption/cronyism.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                          X