Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spambots never die.

Comment

That one did, but like a phoenix will rise from the ashes and bring forth new spam.

Comment

I thought it was a valuable contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
          Agree. The mother of my child has mental issues (starting with choosing to get pregnant on purpose with me of all people! ), which only finally got diagnosed (bi-polar disorder) a couple of years ago after a particularly violent psychotic episode!

So, it's a funny one for me really, because I have to consider the fact that it is not really her fault and to not take things personally. My current problem is that my son is now a teenager and that when he can finally see me as much as he wants, he chooses not to. I have to remind myself that that's his choice and he probably wants to hang out with his girlfriend and mates and play computer games rather than seeing is uncool dad.

Another sad thing for me, is knowing for certain that she's probably bad mouthed me to him for virtually his entire life and the fact that that probably clouds his judgment of me - but of not really being able to counter that except by setting a good example. Because to try to counter any of what she's said or inferrred would be to open up such a massive can of worms - at a time when he's still living with her...

It's sad, because we all could have had a far better relationship, but she can't help herself in spite of what should be for his greater good and not about us.

But again, it's not really her fault - it's just the way she is...

Everything will work out in the end.
          She would have more control over her abuse against your son if she lost custody for it, which is what should have happened.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
            Thanks for that!

Yes, I am taking the long term approach and am fairly confident all will be fine in the end.

Also glad it worked out for you in the end too.
            Unfortunately she could be causing him serious psychological harm.

Comment

Dude, you know nothing more about the background to my story other than what I've written here, so I would appreciate if you avoided any more attempts at sexist points scoring...
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

There's nothing sexist about preventing child abuse.

Comment

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Why does she have custody? Because she has bi-polar? That's horrible. You should think of your son first. **** her. Why did she get pregnant. That is ****ed up. Seriously. It seems like I'm being a dick but you should take care of yourself and your child.

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post
                      Spambots never die.
                      we should test that theory
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Kid, you made sense and were empathically correct. Try not to mess it up.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I don't like to offend people, but this is a problem that doesn't get much attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Why does she have custody? Because she has bi-polar? That's horrible.
                            Let me help you with this.

Let's take it a step at a time.

Why does she have custody?
                            We, Mobius excluded perhaps, don't know why.

Because she has bi-polar?
                            Probably not.

That's horrible.
                            It would be if it were true... but it probably isn't. (bipolar being the reason she was granted custody)
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There are many single mothers that are bi-polar. I stand firm.

Comment

There are many single mothers that are bi-polar. I stand firm.
                                It is always better to double down on stupid.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X