No announcement yet.

Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What region are you in btw (if you don't mind me asking)?

Comment

Walworth County. South central/east Wisconsin.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Why did the community smear him? Or to ask the really pertinent question, why did they immediately assume his guilt? Would that guilt have been assumed in another community or in a white on white shooting?
        cuz he's white

Comment

The same day the DOJ released the shooting report, it also published the results of its investigation into the Ferguson Police Department. This report highlighted systemic exploitation and racial profiling of black residents in Ferguson.
          JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            But why did they assume guilt? They assumed guilt because this incredibly terrible crime was perceived as perfectly plausible in an area where many of the citizens were treated in a dehumanized way. Yes the guy was a jackass, yes Wilson was innocent, but if we ignore the setting that led to millions of people assuming it was true then we ignore the biggest part of this whole thing.
            BECAUSE THEY ARE
            LEFTISTS!!!
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              If some police departments are broken then the problem is systematic in a way and must be dealt with as systematic.

JM
              That's dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                BECAUSE THEY ARE
                LEFTISTS!!!
                Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                That's dumb.
                Kid, I'm a leftist.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                  Kid, I'm a leftist.
                  . No. You're a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                    He's an interesting question: If the media hadn't bought and perpetuated the hands up don't shoot lie, would any of us know anything about Brown, Wilson or Ferguson?
                    I would.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• considering how often we hear about any police shooting in Chicago regardless of whether it was justified, I would say yes,
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Everyone should view life solely through the lens of rah's impression of Chicago.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I noticed that the media now calls Brown an 18 yr old black man instead of an unarmed black teenager. Weird.

Comment

• Which media is that?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                              Which media is that?
                              Oh hell. Does it even matter anymore. I don't remember. CNN I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                I noticed that the media now calls Brown an 18 yr old black man instead of an unarmed black teenager. Weird.
                                One meme failed, so there is a new one, from a different source.

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                                cuz he's white
                                It's exactly that racist.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X