wtf did Lori do to his back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf did Lori do to his back?

I woke up on Monday with some lower back pain. I have no memory of any precipitating event. My back still hurts today, and it's been excruciatingly painful over the last two days. Standing for more than a couple minutes at a time is very difficult. Sitting hurts, too. Lying on my back as perfectly flat and straight as I can manage is the only position that's not thoroughly intolerable. Most of the time the pain is a kind of dull throbbing, except when I move, when there's a flash of pain. There's a knot in my spine right above my buttocks. I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen. Not sure if it's helping. Ow. Thoughts?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Geez. That sucks!

WTF, I have like the same exact thing. Though, mine is my own fault. I set a new PR on deadlift yesterday. My form seemed good. I'm thinking it is just extreme muscle soreness and tightness. I have a massive knot in just about the same place you describe.

Anyone else? Maybe this is Poly related.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Maybe this is Poly related.
      I hope your lawyers are ready, Aeson.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I woke up on Monday with some lower back pain. I have no memory of any precipitating event. My back still hurts today, and it's been excruciatingly painful over the last two days. Standing for more than a couple minutes at a time is very difficult. Sitting hurts, too. Lying on my back as perfectly flat and straight as I can manage is the only position that's not thoroughly intolerable. Most of the time the pain is a kind of dull throbbing, except when I move, when there's a flash of pain. There's a knot in my spine right above my buttocks. I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen. Not sure if it's helping. Ow. Thoughts?
        Go see a doctor? Try lying on your side and lifting your thighs so that they're at 90° from your body. If that relieves the pain, it could be your ciatic.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I would see a doctor, except that I don't have one and I'm also not sure whether or not I currently have any form of health insurance.

Comment

I'm also not sure whether or not I currently have any form of health insurance.
            wat
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Rest assured that Poly's lawyers are ready and able ... Darius will represent us. Wait for him in a red camaro outside the courthouse.

Comment

Back pain is a good excuse for a masseuse ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  wat
                  Quit my job at the end of January. Went to my state's ****ty health exchange website. Found out that maybe I'm qualified for Medicaid. May have signed up for it, but the site is so ****ty I'm honestly not sure if I did.

Comment

I honestly find your health insurance system totally ****ed up.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      I honestly find your health insurance system totally ****ed up.
                      I shouldn't have brought that up. That's not really a discussion I want to have right now. So instead, can you elaborate upon...

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      Try lying on your side and lifting your thighs so that they're at 90° from your body.
                      I'm very bad at visualizing things and I'm not sure what you're suggesting here.

Comment

Quit my job at the end of January. Went to my state's ****ty health exchange website. Found out that maybe I'm qualified for Medicaid. May have signed up for it, but the site is so ****ty I'm honestly not sure if I did.
                        Have you received anything in the mail yet?

If this is really bugging you (the back), I would recommend following up... maybe even calling. Also, to avoid the penalties for being uninsured, you will need to show proof that they rejected you.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not worried about the insurance thing. That'll work itself out eventually. I'm worried about the fact that I'm supposed to help my brother move this Saturday, and the fact that I have to walk a mile to get to my classes and I can't do that right now.

Comment

Do you have any numbness or tingling?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X