UK: Obese could lose benefits if they refuse treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    In the USA we limit sugar imports and subsidize corn syrup so it ends up in all kinds of food, I imagine the potato salad eg they have in the UK has the stuff in it too
    Apparently the US consumes 55lb per person each year of the stuff. The UK rate is less than 1lb per person per year.

Comment

then I cant blame corn syrup for obese brits

jesus, 55 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        then I cant blame corn syrup for obese brits
        We eat more than enough normal sugar to make up for it.

Comment

The reason is obvious. You have open trade with Cuba.

The US would never get away with something like this.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I've lived in a couple of countries where morbid obesity is rampant, and after a while it becomes normal.

Body image is a funny thing, it's different in different societies. If a Micronesian woman marries and she doesn't fatten up her family will think her husband is neglecting her

A lot of societies, in Africa, the Pacific islands, think women with huge butts are hot. Beauty is linked to child bearing and work potential. Fat is built up for lean times, which was probably the idea all along.

In countries where the obese aren't demonised, they are happier. It changes things.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Do they still have diabetes?

Comment

Oh boy, yes.

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

and they don't care
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

they cared 50 years ago before their lifestyle was corrupted by wealth and western food

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                      Holy ****ing ****.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

where I was going with this was - yet more evidence that David Cameron is a crypto-fascist

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Holy ****ing ****.
                          damn good evidence corporations are killing thousands everyday and getting away with it

but they'll spend $$$ on politicians and laws to ban pot because they care for our health

those diabetics would be in better shape if they used pot

Comment

What the **** are you talking about. Nauru is a pacific island with like 10,000 people and a GDP per capita of like 2 grand a year. There aren't any corporations to speak of. Pot has nothing to do with their ****ing diabetes problem.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

did you read the link?

those people went from a more traditional diet to western grub and they're living off the proceeds from mining contracts so working for a living isn't necessary - its been nothing but corporations for 50 years

if they had pot and golf courses I'd move there

And I said they needed pot, they'd be in better shape

Comment

Why is a corporation morally responsible for someone eating more than the recommended serving size of the food they sell?

Comment

Working...
                                X