Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again: almost all diet advice is wrong (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you on the spectrum? or is this a trolling strategy?

nothing wrong with that... just trying to understand the "thought" process... and I used the word "thought" lightly
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
      Do you have any scientific studies showing that BMR depends on what type of foods people are getting calories from?
      It is well documented.

Here's one.

Forty-two percent of the increase in energy expenditure after the H diet was explained by the increase in gluconeogenesis. The cost of gluconeogenesis was 33% of the energy content of the produced glucose.

Do your own research next time. It's not my responsibility to educate you. Dumbfuck.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        Are you on the spectrum? or is this a trolling strategy?

nothing wrong with that... just trying to understand the "thought" process... and I used the word "thought" lightly
        Are you insulting autistic people now? You really are a piece of ****.

Comment

Here's one specifically related to high fructose corn syrup.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
            Are you insulting autistic people now? You really are a piece of ****.
            Yes.

Are you on the spectrum?

nothing wrong with that
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you want any more, you're going to have to beg for it and call me daddy.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm bored. Do you want to play Civ 5? I feel like playing Civ 5.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It is well documented.

Here's one.

Forty-two percent of the increase in energy expenditure after the H diet was explained by the increase in gluconeogenesis. The cost of gluconeogenesis was 33% of the energy content of the produced glucose.

Do your own research next time. It's not my responsibility to educate you. Dumbfuck.
                  Ten healthy men with a mean (+/-SEM) body mass index (in kg/m(2)) of 23.0 +/- 0.8 and age of 23 +/- 1 y received an isoenergetic H diet (H condition; 30%, 0%, and 70% of energy from protein, carbohydrate, and fat, respectively) or a normal-protein diet (N condition; 12%, 55%, and 33% of energy from protein, carbohydrate, and fat, respectively) for 1.5 d according to a randomized crossover design, and EE was measured in a respiration chamber.

. . .

EE (resting metabolic rate) was greater in the H condition than in the N condition (8.46 +/- 0.23 compared with 8.12 +/- 0.31 MJ/d; P < 0.05).
                  So your metabolism can increase by a whopping 4% when you completely change your diet. In other words a calorie is pretty much just a calorie.

Comment

The people eating no carbs (presumably a diet devoid of fruits and vegetables) used an average of 2021 calories per day and the people getting 55% of their calories from carbs used an average of 1939 calories per day. Clearly pasta makes you fat.

Comment

The source I provided has answers to all these questions. You should try reading. Letter form words. Words form sentences. Punctuation. Left to right, top to bottom. Try it! It's fun.
                      Aren't you the one who brags about not reading links?
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

The idea that everyone metabolises food the same way and has their body affected the same way by it is revolutionary! HC and pedotard have cured diabetes! Yay for humanity!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          The idea that everyone metabolises food the same way and has their body affected the same way by it is revolutionary! HC and pedotard have cured diabetes! Yay for humanity!
                          "Calories in calories out is a lie because I'm allergic to peanuts! A calorie from peanut butter isn't the same as a calorie from jelly!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Boris View Post
                            Aren't you the one who brags about not reading links? [emoji14]
                            Nope. Only if the source is ****. Though I may have in the past. I can't say for sure. I say so many things, it is hard to keep track.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              I know, right?

It is nice to know BK and HC aren't alone in their resistance to scientific facts.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I know, right?

It is nice to know BK and HC aren't alone in their resistance to scientific facts.
                                Yes, you are resisting the laws of thermodynamics.

Comment

Working...
                                X