No announcement yet.

Kanye West is a Low Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we really need a thread to establish that KW is a low life?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      (Weirdly, his 2009 VMA thing with Taylor Swift was also a snit over Beyonce deserving the win...)
      Kinda makes me wonder if Kim should be jealous.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Are you seriously defending Kanye West?
        Yep.

He wanted the award reassigned, or for Beck to just give it to Beyonce. Which means he wants his own opinion to trump the vote of the membership. He calls the organization (and the awards themselves) a joke.
        You act as if West is the only person who has called the Grammy's a joke. Why aren't you mad at Metallica for saying the initial Grammy for Best Metal Album being given to Jethro Tull was a joke? Mumford and Sons won the Grammy for Album of the Year two years ago. Of course the awards are a joke. And yes, there probably are issues with race in voting. He's not wrong, he just said it in a jerky way.

(You know, like Sava)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
          What did Kanye do that warrants physical violence?
          Trespassing

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Not sure I understand the controversy here. The timeline as I understand it is:

(1) Someone won a Grammy.

(2) Kanye thought someone else should have won that Grammy.

(3) Other people disagreed with Kanye.

Am I missing something?
          He interrupted awards ceremonies twice to trash the winners

(4) Kanye is black
          If he were a black guy threatening to beat up a white guy the reaction would probably be different
          After a bowl game a low life from BYU took a cheap shot at an opponent, the victim's team mate decked the BYU player. The BYU player was white, the guy who decked him was black. You can check the thread in the sports forum, I heartily approved of the black player's response. And the Patriot's player is black, he doesn't let skin color get in the way of identifying a "Sucka", why do you? Would Kanye do that to black musicians? I doubt it, but you defend the low life based on his skin color while accusing Kanye's critics of being hypocritical racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Yep.

You act as if West is the only person who has called the Grammy's a joke. Why aren't you mad at Metallica for saying the initial Grammy for Best Metal Album being given to Jethro Tull was a joke? Mumford and Sons won the Grammy for Album of the Year two years ago. Of course the awards are a joke. And yes, there probably are issues with race in voting. He's not wrong, he just said it in a jerky way.

(You know, like Sava)
            None of those people went up on stage to trash the winners

Comment

'Oh…It's only a Grammy'
              Homer Simpson.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

so he did it again - what a drip

I always remember though that his punishment is to be married to that talentless airhead vamp what's-her-name.

The universe has a way of restoring equilibrium.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  Trespassing
                  I'm glad you're here in Kid's stead.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

hehe, but I'll need help filling that vacuum

Comment

apparently the threat of violence was more about playing off a song by Kanye, not that I'd expect Browner to stand there while West trashed him

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        None of those people went up on stage to trash the winners
                        So what exactly did he say when he was on stage? And what was the reaction of the Grammy crowd directly afterwards? What was Beck's reaction directly afterwards?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I guarantee you that if a white musician had said it people would be pissed too. His race is a nonentity here.

Comment

Kanye had no business being on stage. Period.

He's certainly free to express his moronic, myopic opinion. Fact is, there are surprise outcomes at major entertainment industry awards with remarkable regularity. Kanye's been in the industry long enough to know this. Heck, the Recording Academy has bent over backwards to expand access to emerging and growing genres over the past 20+ years. It's a big part of the reason Kanye has 21 Grammys.

He's a disingenuous, entitled jerk.

[Of course, he does use one of my client's premium in-ear monitor products, so I love him professionally...]
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So 21 Grammys was why he was invited back after last time I presume.

Comment

He's a kneejerk reactionary who can't conceive of his opinion being wrong.
                                . . . does he post here? He probably should.

EDIT: He nails Kim Kardashian, so he's plainly got a thing for plastic women. Maaaaybe--no, wait, Sava's more "progressive" than "reactionary." And I guess Serbians aren't black, either. Dang, I thought I had it.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X