No announcement yet.

Mrs Horse has expressed interest in playing civ 1 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have appealed to a younger me.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Whose to say Mrs Horse and I didn't play it like that back in the day?

We did end up getting married after all, even with a lot of "civving" going on
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Just do CIV II. A better game and MP was fun. (I remember some of those games)
        I remember having my ass handed to me a lot and that Australians live in (a) ridiculous timezone(s).
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Well now you can have the immortal image of Horsie having his hand on his future wife's ass as he hands you yours
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I don't remember you, Hydey, or finbar being as good as Ming, rah, et al.

(Also, I choose to believe that future Mrs. AH's ass closely resembled Sava's avatar).
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Mrs Horse just chipped me for not flushing the toilet properly - and good morning to you too darling

How the mighty have fallen

Comment

well learn how to flush the damn toilet you BARBARIAN

but wait, does she do a full close? lid and everything?

if not, you should get on her case for constantly releasing a plume of toilet grossness

quite frankly, that's biological warfare
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If middle of the night, claim you didn't want to flush and wake her up. Then apologize for being considerate.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can download versions of Civ1 with all the expansions legally for free and it already comes with dosbox so you can play it. DJ Old Games has it. They even have a custom executable file so you just click on it and it automatically configures everything. It works on everything up to Win but I don't know about Win8.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

just in case ...
                      Last edited by Aeson; February 9, 2015, 21:12. Reason: removed link to likely piracy site

Comment

software piracy
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i don't consider that piracy; horse has already paid for civ 1. if i've paid for a game at some point i don't have a problem downloading it on a new computer for example.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

(I was joking)

Come to think of it. I never actually paid for Civ1. I copied it from a friend back in the day.

SORRY SID
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              software piracy
                              It is not piracy. The copyright expired and now it is legally freeware/abandonware. That is true for most games after 10 years and it is definitely true after 23 years.

Comment

I am not sure if that site has permission to post the game or not... given the sk domain I would assume not. So I have removed the link.

In any case AH has copies of the game, he just needs to be able to run them. We can help him set up DosBox if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X