No announcement yet.

last round of chemo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka, what type of brain tumor did you have?

Comment

I had a friend die of a brain tumour while you have been sick. Beating the odds thus far is a big achievement
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Great news Pekka!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I am happy you are still with us, Pekka, and beating cancer is indeed a major accomplishment. You have a second chance at life so try to make the most of it by living it to the fullest.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is great, a continuing success in the life of the Supercitizen. So happy you got through Pekka.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have no idea what's done it. Luck, prayers, diet, weed, chemo, radiation, exercise... or combination of them all. I think it's the combo. Everyone needs a bit of luck, too. I train really hard these days, par to my athlete days. I don't look the part, but I do the part. I'm an idiot though... almost passed out yesterday with my kettle bells. Idiot being that it was totally unnecessary, I stopped as I felt dizzy, me ears were ringing and I felt like am I going to die or just pass out. Then it went away. I deciphered it nto drinking water, lots of coffee and going way too hard. It was scary. I have to be smarter than that. I can't even jsut pass out with the kids in here. Or alone in here. It's dangerous. Scared the heck out of me. I guess I will take it easier and stop when necessary. Absolutely I'm not proud of that moment. I have to be more responsible.

However, Finnish Broadcasting Company (our BBC) is interested in doing a documentary series of my walk. I'll start filming my training sessions at my house, put some personal thoughts on recovery and struggle and what it means for me, how happiness is still an outcome against all odds, and how life is always worthy of a fight no matter what. So I'll start doing that soon, then I'll probably have to film most of my walk by myself but there will be professional editing as I'll be sending raw material back to Finland.. It'll be 2500km trip, that's close to 1550 miles from my house to the destination. I'll fly back, naturally

I don't know... I might get addicted to it so I hope I can use it as a leverage to get some other company want to do it again, this time perhaps get a compensation for it. Now I'll do it for free, raise money and for my own good. Next time, it would be a nice way to make a living, walk long distance, meet people, see places and talk or write about it. That's my next move.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                I have no idea what's done it. Luck, prayers, diet, weed, chemo, radiation, exercise... or combination of them all. I think it's the combo. Everyone needs a bit of luck, too. I train really hard these days, par to my athlete days. I don't look the part, but I do the part. I'm an idiot though... almost passed out yesterday with my kettle bells. Idiot being that it was totally unnecessary, I stopped as I felt dizzy, me ears were ringing and I felt like am I going to die or just pass out. Then it went away. I deciphered it nto drinking water, lots of coffee and going way too hard. It was scary. I have to be smarter than that. I can't even jsut pass out with the kids in here. Or alone in here. It's dangerous. Scared the heck out of me. I guess I will take it easier and stop when necessary. Absolutely I'm not proud of that moment. I have to be more responsible.
                You seem to already have reached this conclusion, so forgive me for saying so, but yeah... you gotta be more careful. Don't stress your body too much. Your system is much more susceptible to a catastrophic reaction. Also, central nervous system fatigue could have a serious acute impact on you. Train smart, bro.

But as I said, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I'm just concerned for you.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X