Those British Bastards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those British Bastards.

I should have known better to expect complexity and nuance in History Channel's Sons of Liberty. I haven't yelled at the tv like that in some time. By last night I was actually hoping the British would capture Sam Adams and hang him from a tree,

At least Vikings will be on soon.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Wow. Negative waves.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Texas Rising looks decent. It will air on Memorial Day. Positive waves
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I liked Vikings the TV show.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Vikings is written by people who have no idea what actually happened in the 8th/9th century.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

hey Sprayber
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

is that a revolutionary war themed pawn shop show?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                Vikings is written by people who have no idea what actually happened in the 8th/9th century.
                Yeah, they seem to be implying that the Vikings didn't start raiding the British Isles until then, which I'm pretty sure wasn't true. The series reminds me of "Sons of Anarchy" but with boats instead of motorcycles.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I thought vikings trained dragons though?
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Are episodes 2 and 3 of sons of liberty any good?
                    I too was under impressed with the first one but there was just enough to not totally discount the series,
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

/facepalm

I just typed a reply as if you were asking about "sons of anarchy"

doh
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        Are episodes 2 and 3 of sons of liberty any good?
                        I too was under impressed with the first one but there was just enough to not totally discount the series,
                        I muddled through the second and third. At one point I expected the British to unfurl a Nazi flag, they were so incredibly evil. I really wanted to like it but I should have known better. There were some ok scenes such as when the British troops were searching a farm but all in all it was not worth the hype. Even George Washington came across as an ass. I may have actually turned into a Loyalists after watching this.

I know Vikings isn't very accurate but on the whole I enjoy the series.

Comment

Hey Horse. I hope you haven't turned into the voice of reason on Poly.

Comment

Our "Voice of Reason" position has remained vacant ever since Wiglaf stopped posting daily.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wiglaf
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X