No announcement yet.

what happened to the großrossiya thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is ridiculous. I thought Merkel was intelligent? Putin's FM Sergei Lavrov went to Berlin to tell lies as implausible as holocaust denial. There is no diplomatic solution. Saying there is no military solution is akin to surrender. It might even be true, and arming Ukraine might result in a proxy war with Putin's Russia, but if a fledgling democracy and the system where nations exchange territories through treaties instead of bombs isn't worth fighting for, what the ****ing hell is? Yesterday it was Georgia. Today it's Ukraine. At this rate, tomorrow it's Estonia, Lativa, Lithuania, Romania...when are we going to stand up for our principles?

Worth noting: A couple years ago Mitt Romney said Russia was our #1 geopolitical foe, and the Democrats laughed. Putin is the only one laughing now.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

stop reading Tom Clancy novels
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm reading the news, not novels, you illiterate moron. Why don't you take a break from this site and try to put your broken carcass of a life back together?

EDIT: If you think that's harsh, you should read your posts in the bruce jenner thread. I just think you need to chill out a bit.

Comment

LOLOLOLOL

jelly?

I've won life bitch
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I get it bro. You have a hard on for escalation. You're a fascist piece of shit who hates America, freedom, and Western society. You want a nuclear war because you're sick and tired of all the transgenderqueerfags running around.

piece of shit
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Yesterday it was Georgia. Today it's Ukraine. At this rate, tomorrow it's Estonia, Lativa, Lithuania, Romania...when are we going to stand up for our principles?
              Let me know when you get outside Donetsk. We'll take up a collection for ammo for you.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Putin is dangerous, but there won't be a real war between Russia and the West. For that the West is too divided and leninent in approach, and Putin have done the one big mistake all Russian leaders do: Fail to build a real economy, instead funding a massive military on a developing country economy. So he can't support this for much longer.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Let me know when you get outside Donetsk. We'll take up a collection for ammo for you.
                  yup, always the chickenhawk

loves war as long as someone else is doing the fighting
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Putin is dangerous, but there won't be a real war between Russia and the West. For that the West is too divided and leninent in approach, and Putin have done the one big mistake all Russian leaders do: Fail to build a real economy, instead funding a massive military on a developing country economy. So he can't support this for much longer.
                    He'll be able to support it long enough for it to be too late for Ukraine. Poroshenko is asking for guns and ammo. We're basically telling him he ought to call it quits. The Ukrainians are willing to fight for their freedom and we ought to be willing to give them something to help.

Comment

So he can't support this for much longer.
                      Exactly.

The West has put enormous pressure on the Russian economy... which is the correct strategy.

Meanwhile, we've got dip**** kucibros offering their "wisdom"... their foreign policy expertise being limited to the aforementioned Tom Clancy novels... and whatever idiot right wing blogs they read.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In all fairness to Tom Clancy, his novels kick arse.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

In all fairness to Tom Clancy, his novels kick arse.
                          Agree. I love Tom Clancy.

He does a great job thinking up very real scenarios. He's (or was, RIP) an expert when it comes to the military. Geo-political strategy? Not so much.

But even in the stories I recall reading, he was never big on escalation. He was smart enough to know the military solution is the worst possible idea.

Not surprisingly, Kucibros have learned all the wrong lessons from those books.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I personally think HC has the right of it. Putin has declared he will go to the wall to make sure the Ukraine is not free to decide it's own future and he probably is willing to make bigger sacrifices to ensure the Ukraine is forced back into the Russian Empire. That said, the west doesn't have to make equal sacrifices to make Putin pay dearly for his invasion of the Ukraine especially since his economy is shrinking 5%-8% this year and he is running out of foreign currency reserves. Arm the Ukrainians with modern weapons, send in western trainers and advisers, give them drones to better get real time info and to destroy Russian tanks, make sure every infantry fire team has a modern man portable anti tank weapon. Hell, train them in unconventional warfare and let them loose with IEDS on the Russian army of occupation. In six months Russia will have to use 10-20 times the force they currently have just to maintain the stutus quo. That is 10-20 times the cost with 10-20 times as many casualties all while Putin is going bankrupt and can barely afford to keep the hospitals in Moscow fully staffed and equipped much less the rest of the country. Bleed the mother ****er dry when he can least afford it; while oil prices are rock bottom and the rest of his economy is tanking.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              I personally think HC has the right of it.
                              You're also always wrong.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I personally think HC has the right of it. Putin has declared he will go to the wall to make sure the Ukraine is not free to decide it's own future and he probably is willing to make bigger sacrifices to ensure the Ukraine is forced back into the Russian Empire. That said, the west doesn't have to make equal sacrifices to make Putin pay dearly for his invasion of the Ukraine especially since his economy is shrinking 5%-8% this year and he is running out of foreign currency reserves. Arm the Ukrainians with modern weapons, send in western trainers and advisers, give them drones to better get real time info and to destroy Russian tanks, make sure every infantry fire team has a modern man portable anti tank weapon. Hell, train them in unconventional warfare and let them loose with IEDS on the Russian army of occupation. In six months Russia will have to use 10-20 times the force they currently have just to maintain the stutus quo. That is 10-20 times the cost with 10-20 times as many casualties all while Putin is going bankrupt and can barely afford to keep the hospitals in Moscow fully staffed and equipped much less the rest of the country. Bleed the mother ****er dry when he can least afford it; while oil prices are rock bottom and the rest of his economy is tanking.
                                This is really all I'm advocating. I'm not saying we should march a NATO army on Moscow.

Sava, I know Oerdin is "always wrong" etc but you suppose he might know a thing or two about fighting insurgencies? Just maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X