Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I don't call myself 'liberal' so much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I don't call myself 'liberal' so much.

Don't get me wrong, I lean liberal. I'm fine with the government taking an active role in helping the unfortunate, I don't weep for overtaxed upper-class whiteys, I don't want theocracy. But then there's stuff like this Salon piece, which I just stumbled across this morning.

TLDR: He wraps up his fruitcake fatwa by concluding that, yes, it is permissible for the liberal faithful to play this N64 game, even though it doesn't show the Lon Lon Ranch owner beating the help, and decries greed without pointing out that greed is caused by capitalism. They just have to frown while they play it, to remind themselves that they're morally better than Nintendo of Japan.

Now, this is only one piece from a year ago, but increasingly, this preposterous bull**** appears to be the public face of the American left. Just look at the stuff in the Most Read column on the right side (as of the time I post it): a black woman who's "tired of suppressing [her]self to get along with white people"; Frank Shaeffer hitting himself for being a minor conservative figure twenty years ago; Mike Huckabee said something bad about Beyonce, OMG; "A woman describes her sexual relationship with her estranged father"; Michael Shermer urging Salon readers to be more dickish about their atheism; and, of course, the "hot new pubic hair trend," because God forbid you have unfashionable pubic hair.

No. No no no. I'm sure Fox News has equally moronic articles trending, but I am not going to be associated with dingleberries who read or produce stuff like this. To hell with both sides of the American political divide.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

k
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Articles aren't going to click themselves you know

Comment

Also, think of the article we could get on Civilization ... all that enslaving of dark skinned workers ... what are we teaching our children?

Comment

what made you think I didn't click the link?

besides my inherent laziness?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Whoops, I misread it; he's angry because Lon Lon Ranch doesn't show the animals being slaughtered, etc. He got the communist objections out of the way at the beginning of the article. Rather one-sided; he doesn't mention how the chickens in Kakariko will gang up and kill you if you abuse them too much. Ooh, but I missed some of the stupid: "2014's fast food atrocities: Burger King's black cheeseburger: Made with squid ink and bamboo charcoal, arguably a symbol of meat's destructive effect on the planet. Only available in Japan."

Also: Warning men about “gray rape”
            14-year-old girl films father’s sexual abuse with webcam
            Jenny McCarthy’s Playboy spread hurts older women
            Carrie Fisher’s strange outing of John Travolta
            We have pubic hair for a reason

HIGH QUALITY JOURNALISM.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

so don't read stuff from that site

I mean, but feel free to use whatever political labels you want to self-identify
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is part of why I've taken to calling myself incidentally liberal recently. My crazy whacko philosophy happens to overlap a good deal with what also happens to be leftish in the US, but that doesn't mean I'm liberal. I'm Lori, which is way more reprehensible.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This guy has seriously left the reservation.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Who doesn't have fashionable pubic hair? I mean geez..

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Who doesn't have fashionable pubic hair? I mean geez..
                      the first woman i went down on
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

heh and your mom
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Heh.

also..

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          the first woman i went down on
                          Sad times..

Comment

i was having so much fun at the time that it didn't matter
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Meh. "Some no name person said thing dumb on the internet so I will condemn a whole massive group for it!"

Yeah, that just gets a meh out of me.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X