Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I don't call myself 'liberal' so much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah
    yes
    they definitely bait my click
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
      And I totally failed to remember the Wii U. I cannot argue here.

I have to be careful to play that only when the kids are in bed though or else daughter sends "cat Mario" off too many cliffs. My only beef with the game is that the lives are shared among all players.
      Though cat Mario is one of the best ideas for Mario in a while.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The intent of capitalism wasn't to have companies that were "too big to fail".
        i don't think you really understand what capitalism is.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          i don't think you really understand what capitalism is.
          Nope, this seems pretty spot on:

Capitalism - an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
          Thus, any company that is bailed out by the government means that we are not capitalism because under proper capitalism the company would sink or swim only on their own merits.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Twilight princess was ****ing awesome and if you thought it was bad you thought wrong.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

was it 3d?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Twilight Princess was 3D, yes.

So Hauldren will need to see a previous Sava post...

Comment

he was young when a lot of those 3d versions came out so i'm sure it is some sort of rose tinted goggles situation

which is understandable
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

First zelda game I played was Ocarina back in the 90s. I played Twilight Princess when I was in high school iirc. I've replayed it several times. It's a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      First zelda game I played was Ocarina back in the 90s. I played Twilight Princess when I was in high school iirc. I've replayed it several times. It's a great game.
                      How do you stomach the first wolf part? That's what killed it for me.

Comment

I thought it was fun. And it's also not very long.

Comment

Nope, this seems pretty spot on:

Thus, any company that is bailed out by the government means that we are not capitalism because under proper capitalism the company would sink or swim only on their own merits.
                          that definition is quite inadequate for describing what capitalism is, but even if we use it for the sake of argument, it does not prove your assertion correct; it does not even support it a little.

i think you make the common mistake of equating capitalism with (free) markets. these are a feature of capitalism, yet (free) markets existed before capitalism, and so it is absurd to say that (free) markets = capitalism. the same can be said of other features of capitalism such as private property (more accurately the private ownership of land), capital accumulation, and wage labour. perhaps capitalism is best understood as a system of power through which the owners of the means of production control the political process, allowing society's resources to be used for ends such as bailing out banks, or the car industry, or whatever other example you had in mind.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

i actually can't say i don't like twilight princess

as i never actually opened my copy... still in shrink wrap haha

it happens to be in a stack of games on the floor
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              that definition is quite inadequate for describing what capitalism is, but even if we use it for the sake of argument, it does not prove your assertion correct; it does not even support it a little.

i think you make the common mistake of equating capitalism with (free) markets. these are a feature of capitalism, yet (free) markets existed before capitalism, and so it is absurd to say that (free) markets = capitalism. the same can be said of other features of capitalism such as private property (more accurately the private ownership of land), capital accumulation, and wage labour. perhaps capitalism is best understood as a system of power through which the owners of the means of production control the political process, allowing society's resources to be used for ends such as bailing out banks, or the car industry, or whatever other example you had in mind.
                              If you want to rewrite the definition to your own ends there's really no opportunity to debate. We (the US) aren't free market either, especially given the existence of monopolies or near monopolies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Twilight princess was ****ing awesome and if you thought it was bad you thought wrong.
                                This is correct. Twilight Princess was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X