No announcement yet.

America in a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly what you're trying to say, MRT, and I think it's stupid.

Your picture isn't honestly emblematic of anything.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      I know exactly what you're trying to say, MRT, and I think it's stupid.

Your picture isn't honestly emblematic of anything.
      It's because you're really dead set against recognizing things that you don't want to.

This photo captures race relations in America both literally and symbolically. I'm sorry that I have to teach you things that you never learned in college.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

By the way, MRT, isn't that photo almost 40 years old? Are protests against forced busing really america in a picture? Were they ever?

Probably also worth noting that forced busing was one of the stupidest and least effective desegregation policies.
        I mean look at this post, you seem incapable of thinking of this in any regard besides the literal situation that took place and your feelings on desegregation. Are you on the spectrum?
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Even more aggrivating to me is the possibility that you recognize the symbolism of a white man using a symbol of freedom to literally attack a black man but your train of thought derails there. Like you think at worst its a humorous juxtoposition.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            Are you on the spectrum?
            it would explain a lot
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You see what you want to see MRT. You want to see poor race relations. I see the commoner using a symbol of freedom against political and economic oppressors.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                You see what you want to see MRT. You want to see poor race relations. I see the commoner using a symbol of freedom against political and economic oppressors.
                Seriously???

You see a black man being held down as a political and economic oppressor???????
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  I mean look at this post, you seem incapable of thinking of this in any regard besides the literal situation that took place and your feelings on desegregation. Are you on the spectrum?
                  What the ****? I said forced busing didn't work, and it didn't, it caused a lot of white flight, which made things worse. I'm more than a little disgusted that you'd accuse me of thinking desegregation was bad. If forced busing had actually helped, I wouldn't dream of criticizing it.

Comment

I am confused, there is no brunch in MRTs picture.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

MRT, you took a 40 year old picture that has what honestly amounts to an ironic visual gag and threw it up in the year of our lord 2015 and said it symbolized America. I think that's a bit out there.

Replace that picture with a *drawing* of someone hitting a black dude with Old Glory and it'd be ridiculed as hyperbolic; the only reason this thing has any force is because it's a photograph and therefore literally happened, but the fact that it's from 40 years ago dilutes that tremendously.

Comment

MRT, you took a 40 year old picture that has what honestly amounts to an ironic visual gag
                        'Ironic visual gag'?! Dude..

Comment

All three words are literally accurate, kentonio. I don't mean a gag as in a Jay Leno one-liner.

The picture itself is a visual quip--a sort of visually sarcastic remark about America. In other words, a gag.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              Seriously???

You see a black man being held down as a political and economic oppressor???????
                              No, not really. I'm just pointing out that MRT looks at the person's race and assumes all actions must be related to that issue alone. He's a hypocrite.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I like Donegeal's new avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X