2015 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of suckers.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
      ColdWizard!! Please fix my list
      I already did, unless there's something else wrong with it, in which case please be more specific.

---------

Also, Sam Simon has passed away.

Nine-time Emmy winner Sam Simon, who wrote episodes of “Taxi,” “Cheers” and “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show” before co-creating landmark animated series “The Simpsons” and eventually becoming a philanthropist, died Sunday of colorectal cancer at his home in Los Angeles. He was 59 and was diagnosed with terminal cancer in late 2012.
      More at the link.

Hit for myself and Bugs; 171 - 1 + 100 - 59 + 0 = 211
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Nice career. May he rest in peace.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I already did, unless there's something else wrong with it, in which case please be more specific.
          Yes, my list had multiple backups which should replace the Disqualified.
          "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
            Yes, my list had multiple backups which should replace the Disqualified.
            6. The Panel Judge will not determine if the submitted celebrity is currently alive. If you choose someone that is already dead you will be stuck with that celebrity on your list unless you notice and report the error prior to January 1st, 2015. If you still have available celebrities from your Reserve List one will be moved up to replace the already deceased choice prior to the start of the Pool.
            You needed to PM me about them. I would have removed them and moved up your reserves if I had noticed that they were deceased. PMing ensures that I notice.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Sir Terry Pratchett.

Terry Pratchett Books. 736,709 likes · 1,850 talking about this. This page celebrates the books of bestselling fantasy author Terry Pratchett.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Very sad news. Aged 66, diagnosed with Alzheimer's 8 years ago.

A huge loss. RIP.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

He'll be missed. Very sad news.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

He was my favorite author
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I suspect it'll prove to be suicide, possibly assisted.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Despite his support for assisted suicide, that's not how he went.

RIP

Comment

• I have a signed copy of one of his books. I got it signed at the national book festival back in 2006 I think. Next year he was diagnosed with Alzheimers.

Also holy **** his arms were hairy.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Very fitting for the end of Terrys book of life:
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                Despite his support for assisted suicide, that's not how he went.
                                I'm dubious. In physical terms, he was in good shape pretty recently. It could have been a stroke, but my money is still on suicide.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X