2015 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Strange of Visage.

Steve Strange, lead singer of 1980s pop band Visage, has died aged 55 following a heart attack, his record label says.

The Welsh New Romantic icon - best known for the hit Fade To Grey - died in hospital in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.

Ex-Visage bandmates Midge Ure and Rusty Egan said they were "devastated" to hear of his "untimely passing", adding: "Steve was a major face of the 80s."

Boy George tweeted he was "heartbroken" about the death of Strange, saying he was "such a big part of my life".

Duran Duran frontman Simon Le Bon tweeted that Strange was "the leading edge of New Romantic. God Bless him".

Fellow 1980s pop star Billy Idol tweeted: "Very sad to hear of my friend Steve Strange passing, RIP mate."

Spandau Ballet guitarist Gary Kemp dedicated the band's performance in Italy to "a maverick to the end", while his brother and the band's bassist, Martin Kemp, tweeted: "RIP Steve Strange goodbye my dear friend. I will miss you!"

Strange's agent, Pete Bassett, said he would be remembered as "a hard-working, very amusing and lovable individual who always was at the forefront of fashion trends".

"Up until last year he was putting together a book of fashion styles based on the New Romantic movement and it comes as a great shock.

"We understood that he had certain health problems but nothing we knew was life threatening.

"His friends and family are totally shocked, we had no idea anything like this was likely to happen."

He had suffered ill-health, including in December last year when he was admitted to Princess of Wales Hospital, in Bridgend, with a bronchial infection and an intestinal blockage.
    Steve Strange, lead singer of 1980s pop band Visage, has died aged 55 following heart attack, his record label says.

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The James Bond villain from Octopussy is gone

Louis Jourdan as Kamal Khan in Octopussy, MGM By Carmel Dagan Louis Jourdan, who crafted a Hollywood acting career in the footsteps of fellow dapper Frenchmen Maurice Chevalier and Charles Boyer and is best remembered for the musical “Gigi” and as the villain in James Bond pic “Octopussy,” has died at 93. According to his friend and biographer Olivier Minne, he died Saturday at his home in Beverly Hills. In Vincente Minnelli’s 1958 musical confection “Gigi,” Jourdan starred with Leslie Caron and Chevalier in an effort from the creatives of “My Fair Lady” and highly resembling a Frenchified version of it.

RIP Louis Jourdan
      If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

i got a hit on louis Jourdan. Also, Mrs. Rainer should not be on my list.
        "

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/t...profit-n313051

Ben Woolf, American Horror Story, dies accidentally.

Actor Ben Woolf, who played Meep on "American Horror Story: Freak Show" and died Monday following a car accident, was able to "save three lives" on Tuesday — through organ donation, according to a non-profit.

Three adult women received Woolf's liver and two kidneys on Tuesday night, according to OneLegacy, a non-profit, federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery agency serving the Los Angeles area.

Woolf, 34, died Monday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his family at his side, according to his publicist. The actor had been hospitalized in critical condition after he was hit by the side mirror of a passing vehicle on a Los Angeles-area street on Feb. 19...
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Leonard Nimoy.

Mr. Nimoy won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-Vulcan first officer in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek.”

Originally posted by Leonard Nimoy
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
            Last edited by The Mad Monk; February 27, 2015, 13:32.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's life, but not as we know it.

Comment

Crap. Well, he did, in fact, live long and prosper.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

10th slot.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And I have a hit with Irving Kahn.

Seeing as he was 109, that means two things-

1- I now hold the record for oldest hit.

2- I'm not getting many points for it.

Comment

And I think I got the record for lowest points for a hit too (147).

Comment

Manual scoring to verify that calculated totals are correct (they weren't):
                        171 - rank + 100 - age + bonus = Points
                        self biased, Little Jimmy Dickens, 171 - 5 + 100 - 94 + 50 (unique, first blood) = 222
                        Bugs ****ing Bunny/ColdWizard, Stuart Scott, 171 - 9 + 100 - 49 + 0 = 213
                        EPW, Louis Jourdan, 171 - 14 + 100 - 93 + 25 (unique) = 189
                        Bugs ****ing Bunny, Irving Kahn, 171 - 15 + 100 - 109 + 25 (unique) = 172
                        -Jrabbit, Leonard Nimoy, 171 - 19 + 100 - 83 + 0 = 169
                        Slowwhand, Leonard Nimoy, 171 - 10 + 100 - 83 + 0 = 178

Please let me know if I have missed any hits, incorrectly applied bonuses, miscalculated or otherwise ****ed up (other than being slow, I'm still aware of that one).

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/22/middle...ies/index.html

Saudi State TV: King Abdullah dead at 90 - I know this is a hit for some people. Will the new king continue as a 'reformer'? ... will they raise oil prices?
                        I do not see him on anyone's entry this year.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Oh yes. I forgot the unique pick bonus.

Comment

ColdWizard!! Please fix my list
                            "

Comment

I have to know. Did anyone pick the Gabor ghoul?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

2 did not pick Zsa Zsa.
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X