No announcement yet.

quantifying moral responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That may be happening locally in western European countries where people are living forever and not reproducing, but that's going to disappoint luddites / nature freaks / reactionaries
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      living forever and not reproducing
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        It would be a more realistic mod if killing a hundred hookers = killing one yuppie = insulting a cop
        yes

dammit this really seems like the darkest timeline

or maybe my imagination just sucks right now
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So on your GTA livestreams you could have a morality meter ... and you win if you get to Hitler level?

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think I've only killed around 12-13k people so far

someone needs to make a death camp sim
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I had a thought last night. If something I did led to someone's death, I would feel pretty bad, maybe even if it was justified. Both our presidents are responsible for thousands of deaths. How do they cope with that? Do they not give a ****, because only sociopaths get that high up?
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

There is a moral responsibility. Ignorance should not be an excuse.

How do you quantify it though?

There is no practical way, it will be quantified for us all once we have WWIII, the judgement day will not be very picky.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                    I had a thought last night. If something I did led to someone's death, I would feel pretty bad, maybe even if it was justified. Both our presidents are responsible for thousands of deaths. How do they cope with that? Do they not give a ****, because only sociopaths get that high up?
                    I've thought about that before, too. I suspect there's an extent to which they feel disconnected from the deaths they cause, because all they ever directly do is put their signature on some order. But I also suspect it's torturous for them to a degree. You only have to look at before and after pictures of past presidents to see how drastically they age in 4 or 8 years.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      because only sociopaths get that high up?
                      I think so.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There's a book written about that. The psychopathology of politicians.
                        But I haven't read it.

in easy to read greek
                        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 17, 2014, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                          %CE%9B%CE%AF%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%B2%CE%B1%CF%84%CF%82,_ %CE%98%CE%AC%CE%BD%CE%BF%CF%82/%CE%97_%CF%88%CF%85%CF%87%CE%BF%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%B8% CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1_%CF%84%CE%BF%C F%85_%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%B9%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE %BF%CF%8D
                          QFT
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Republicans are responsible for everything bad.

Comment

k
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

good thread.

it is though i think strange to talk about responsibility for a politician's actions when the whole system of representative democracy is designed precisely to take away responsibility and control from the population. the very act of voting for someone to represent us is an abrogation of all responsibility on our part.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X