• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weren't there death threats involved?

via Tapatalk

Comment

wouldn't surPrise me.

I didn't Pay a lot of attention to the whole situation, even though it was cKontemPorary. I found out aBout it when Asher Poasted a thrade in the cKommunity Forum (Site FeedBacK) saying that he had missing Poasts. Dale then admitted to it later in the thrade. I never saw any death threats, unless it was By PM between Asher and Dale.

not sure how Oerdin had insider info aBout the whole thing.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Solver
      also I agree. He helPed us when the site was hacKed. I, for one, would welcKome him if he cKame BacK.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

There must be something more to it. Why did anyone follow Dale at all?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          FYI I actually don't think a completely unregulated banking sector is a good idea...and I'm a bit disappointed that I feel the need to clarify that...
          I'm beginning to think we should stop the whole bailout/guarantees/backstopping business. It just seems to lead to greater moral hazard, making the financial system as unstable as before, whilst covering it all in ever thicker blankets of rules (as a quid pro quo) and creating anger amongst the public. It's maybe better to just let banks fail and the let the govt contain the economic failout instead.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
            I wouldn't give you $100 for this thread either.

ACK!
            Leave the $100. Donate amusing panda visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
              Weren't there death threats involved?
              Yeah, IIRC Dale made vague, daft-sounding threats implying that he had powerful friends or something. People followed him to WPC because there was concern about the vicious tone of this forum.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                There must be something more to it. Why did anyone follow Dale at all?
                Have you seen the OT here?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I never even heard of this WPC until a few months ago
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    Have you seen the OT here?
                    Ah so basically all the bores followed. That sounds like a good thing. I don't trust someone who can't appreciate Asher.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      Ah so basically all the bores followed.
                      whoever did leave... wasn't missed
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        If by pwning you mean being ignorant dicks about something he is clearly genuinely passionate about.
                        I don't doubt that Asher was genuinely passionate, but I stand by what I said: Smartboards are grossly overengineered, and allow you to do very little that you could not do with a modern (document camera + PC-link) projector, a whiteboard and some markers. Lots of cute gimmicks, but I've yet to see one that opens up new possibilities. It's like a complaint I once read about Star Trek: you just know little kids in the Federation, if they go to the beach, bring a little force-field container to put sand in. What practical advantage does the more expensive, high-tech and energy-eating device have over a plain old bucket? NONE WHATEVER. But look, it's high-tech!
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I had teachers that spent more time ****ing with the smartboard software than actually getting **** done with the damn things. There wasn't a single point in my entire grade school career that I thought "Wow, I'm glad we have these things." I went to school in one of the very best, maybe THE best, school systems IN THE COUNTRY and the teachers there can't figure out how to make the things worthwhile. I'm going with the conclusion that they just aren't.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              I don't doubt that Asher was genuinely passionate, but I stand by what I said: Smartboards are grossly overengineered, and allow you to do very little that you could not do with a modern (document camera + PC-link) projector, a whiteboard and some markers. Lots of cute gimmicks, but I've yet to see one that opens up new possibilities. It's like a complaint I once read about Star Trek: you just know little kids in the Federation, if they go to the beach, bring a little force-field container to put sand in. What practical advantage does the more expensive, high-tech and energy-eating device have over a plain old bucket? NONE WHATEVER. But look, it's high-tech!
                              100% succesful analogy.
                              I don't know what the hell smartboards are but now I know they are useless.

Comment

It's basically a giant touchscreen you can write on like a chalkboard. You connect it to a computer and it displays what's on the screen.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X