UK: Obese woman blames government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Ignoring the suffering of others because such things don't happen to you is probably your biggest mistake.
    Since you're the one who does that you should take your own medicine. You think women HAVE problems, men ARE problems. I don't deny women have problems. That's your strawman.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      I didn't mean that no one ever worked a 16 hour day. Look at the context. My point was simply that kentonio was exaggerating. The only reason to make that point is that kentonio thinks that men are privileged, which they aren't.
      Interesting choice of a third person pronoun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I'm honestly curious what people think the solution to a problem like this is. ("The mother should stop being such a turd" is, btw, not the correct solution, because it will demonstrably not happen.)
        The "problem" is that this woman exists... apparently.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          You know why I'm mad? Because you've become ****ing boring! It's the only thing you talk about, and you never shut the **** up about it! At least when you were just crazy you were interesting, but now its just BLAH BLAH FEMINISTS BLAH all the ****ing time! Just get a new ****ing tune for crying out loud!
          Like I said, all you do is ***** about people's privilege. Bored? Too ****ing bad *******.

Comment

Be more interesting ****. Also work more.

Comment

so i just blazed
              your avatars are fighting

ken's monkey swastika is winning
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Comment

and i admit this is totally racist
                  but it made me think of ray rice
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

so i just blazed
                    your avatars are fighting

ken's monkey swastika is winning
                    Does he always ***** like that when he's winning?

Comment

not my fault you have a woman for an avatar
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

also, have any of you grocery noobs ever bought fresh fruit before?
                        Yes. It's cheap, but not as cheap as vegetables.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

also, have any of you grocery noobs ever bought fresh fruit before?
                          Fruit can be expensive but when in season or on special it's pretty damn reasonable.

Fresh or frozen veg are dirt cheap. Ditto potatoes, rice and beans.

Eating healthy is cheaper than eating crap. It just takes a little bit more effort in the kitchen to prepare it.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            I'm honestly curious what people think the solution to a problem like this is. ("The mother should stop being such a turd" is, btw, not the correct solution, because it will demonstrably not happen.)
                            Natural selection resolves most such problems in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post

Eating healthy is cheaper than eating crap. It just takes a little bit more effort in the kitchen to prepare it.
                              As someone who recently switched from eating crap to eating healthy (over the summer), I disagree.

Also, people who have experience with facts disagree.

“This research provides the most complete picture to-date on true cost differences of healthy diets,” said Dariush Mozaffarian, the study’s senior author and associate professor at HSPH and Harvard Medical School. “While healthier diets did cost more, the difference was smaller than many people might have expected. Over the course of a year, $1.50/day more for eating a healthy diet would increase food costs for one person by about $550 per year. This would represent a real burden for some families, and we need policies to help offset these costs. On the other hand, this price difference is very small in comparison to the economic costs of diet-related chronic diseases, which would be dramatically reduced by healthy diets.”
                              Meta-analysis pinpoints the price difference of consuming a healthy diet, which could be burden for low-income families but is trivial compared with health costs of eating an unhealthy diet For imm…

Eating healthier is NOT cheaper.

Case closed.

Honestly you guys, it takes little more than a simple google search to prove you wrong... almost always.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                Natural selection resolves most such problems in the long term.
                                Current demographics say otherwise.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X