Lockheed Martin: "You have entered the Future Era!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockheed Martin: "You have entered the Future Era!"

Okay, not quite, they're just building a test reactor. But HOLY CRAP, FUSION POWER! Please please please please pleeeease let this pan out. It's interesting to consider what effects this might have. For example, the Middle East: will they be better off without our petroleum politics, or worse off due to no longer having anything significant to export? I'm guessing the latter.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Fusion power: Just ten years away from being ten years away.

(I hope it pans out, too.)
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I hope they get it to work. We need to start working on the hyper drive... (galciv reference)
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I have a feeling this will be the sort of thing we look back on in 30 years and laugh and laugh and laugh, but I am a cynical mother****er.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I hope it works better than their Joint Strike Fighter.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Let me know when electricity is free, k?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Joint Strike Fighter isn't as much as a cluster**** as the news would lead you to believe, but it's more of a cluster**** than it has any damn right to be.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I read that the slashed defense budget forced them to invest in non-defense technologies like alternative energy. Therefore, I propose that we continue slashing the defense budget and see what other useful toys we can get out of high-tech companies suddenly forced to do socially useful work. This almost makes me wish we had a big bio-weapons division, so we could gut them and get a big burst in medical research.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A
                  N
                  U
                  S
                  U
                  N
                  A

ELOKharrrrPENETRATION

A
                  N
                  U
                  S
                  U
                  N
                  A
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    I read that the slashed defense budget forced them to invest in non-defense technologies like alternative energy. Therefore, I propose that we continue slashing the defense budget and see what other useful toys we can get out of high-tech companies suddenly forced to do socially useful work. This almost makes me wish we had a big bio-weapons division, so we could gut them and get a big burst in medical research.
                    You Machiavellian mother****er.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                    X