Clear All

• The Emmys

suck

celebrity circle jerk bull****

most of the people and shows awarded are garbage

seth myers is horrible and unfunny

They should all be put on a bus and shot into the sun,
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I don't know about that. I enjoyed his opening monologue. Not every joke was hilarious but most of them got a chuckle out of me.
    And he did it without being mean and abusive. I'm not a big fan of his but I think he did well.

But yes, it was a celebrity circle jerk.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

being mean and abusive would have been entertaining

and "the good wife" is a crap show

my dad used to watch it all the time
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, my dad likes it too, but I never thought it was that good.

It did irritate me that the same shows win year after year. Considering how much new stuff is available now than 3 years ago, it's hard to believe that there are no new worthy shows.

The thing that irritated me the most is the whole middle of the show was consumed by "miniseries/made for RV movies". Every award had the same small handful of nominations.
        Boring and unnecessary.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

how much of it did you watch?

i actually watched none and am blindly hating on it for... reasons
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was reading a book with it on in the background so I half saw all of it. It was a concession. But the alternative was watching Bachelors in Paradise for the wife. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
            Definitely the lessor of two evils. There were a lot of good looking women. And I'm always amazed at how hot even a lot of the "OLDER" ones look.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              I was reading a book with it on in the background so I half saw all of it. It was a concession. But the alternative was watching Bachelors in Paradise for the wife. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Definitely the lessor of two evils. There were a lot of good looking women. And I'm always amazed at how hot even a lot of the "OLDER" ones look.
              Agree

it's getting to the point now when I see younger hotties at the gym and the first thought I have is "dammit, I'm probably going to have to teach her everything"
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

For me it's different now. I see those younger hotties and realize they're all younger then my daughter and it quickly brings me back to the reality of what age I am.

The only time I regret having a daughter. (not really serious)
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The reason why there are so many miniseries/made for TV movies awards is that a lot of shows that have less than 12 eps in a season are positioning themselves as that - Sherlock, American Horror Story, etc.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Game of Thrones would have done better using that definition.

And yes I agree that a log of the classifications are just plain goofy.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For me it's different now. I see those younger hotties and realize they're all younger then my daughter and it quickly brings me back to the reality of what age I am.

The only time I regret having a daughter. (not really serious)

Yes, I've often wondered what that's like. I'm planning on remaining childless just for this reason. And also, because kids are expensive as balls and it's illegal to put them to work in mines. THANKS OBAMA
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Game of Thrones would have done better using that definition.

And yes I agree that a log of the classifications are just plain goofy.
                        How many did GoT get? if any?

I figured that show would've cleaned up nicely.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

While the outcome is always open to debate, the pluses have always outweighed the minuses.
                          At least I avoided the poor house. But I'll have to rejudge that if she ever get's married. (on my nickel of course)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

While the outcome is always open to debate, the pluses have always outweighed the minuses.
                            At least I avoided the poor house. But I'll have to rejudge that if she ever get's married. (on my nickel of course)
                            This is generally my understanding.

Sadly, unless I meet a supermom/career minded woman, there's no way I can provide for a family. So the point is moot.

Also, I love buying lots of high end computer gear, monitors, TV's, etc... even married with a good job, that can sometimes be forbidden

My last girlfriend, like 2 weeks into our relationship, was shitting all over my decision to mount a 55inch plasma on the wall in my bedroom.

My next relationship will be with a woman who shares my desire for gaming, marijuana, sex, and exercise.

or at least tolerates it

being in good shape helps with this, immensely
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

any polytubbies have any experience with tinder?

(forgive threadjack, i need a new random thread)
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X