Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Horton's being bought by Burger King.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would include corporations in the flat tax. Per my other thread, we may not have a choice in the matter.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No, TMM. Corporate tax is inherently stupid, and there should be no corporate income tax whatsoever. Taxing overseas income is extra special short bus stupid.

Comment

Corporate tax rates should be double the highest income rate. Offshore traitor corporations should be taxed at that rate (in addition to the rates they get taxed overseas).

GTFO if you don't like it.

Big business is fascism and should be treated as such.

Furthermore, reg, knowing a little bit about your family background, it wouldn't surprise me if your relatives that "escaped" the old country were Nazi collaborators.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, every fortune 500 company should be audited and made to pay all the back taxes they dodged.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Uh nobody in my father's family was German, they were all Eastern European, and they left before the Nazis took over. But cool godwin I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Uh nobody in my father's family was German, they were all Eastern European, and they left before the Nazis took over.
              ahh, bringing fascism to America

Your family should be put on a bus and shot into the sun.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There aren't any buses that go to the sun. I think you will find that buses are, as a rule, restricted to ground transportation only.

Comment

We'll never know until we try.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, TMM. Corporate tax is inherently stupid, and there should be no corporate income tax whatsoever. Taxing overseas income is extra special short bus stupid.
                    If unemployment goes the way I think it will, revenue based on personal income tax is going to collapse.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

reg: Do you ever wake up and wish that you weren't white trash?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nope, cause I'm not white trash. I'm about as far from white trash as you could possibly get. I'm highly educated and employed in a professional setting.

Comment

Nope, cause I'm not white trash. I'm about as far from white trash as you could possibly get. I'm highly educated and employed in a professional setting.
                          You aren't poor white trash. But you are definitely trash... and white.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

For comparison, this is white trash:

Comment

also, I suspect your affinity for firearms lowers your IQ... the proximity to the blasts most likely has the same effect as sub-concussive blows to the head... leading to CTE

you should get tested

it might explain your conservatism

at what age did you first learn to shoot?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/how-mu...business-taxes An explanation of my point (written by Jaguar's coworkers)

Burger King’s announcement that it will move its headquarters to Canada has put the spotlight on Canada’s tax system. Just what are the tax benefits of doing business in Canada versus the U.S.?
                                First, Canada has a much lower corporate tax rate: 15 percent at the federal level plus another 11 percent on average from provincial corporate taxes. Compare that to the U.S. federal corporate tax rate of 35 percent plus an average state corporate tax rate of about 4 percent.
                                Second, Canada has a territorial tax system, meaning there is no additional repatriation tax on foreign profits. The U.S. has a worldwide tax system, which applies a repatriation tax to foreign profits when those profits are brought back to the U.S. The repatriation tax is basically the difference between the foreign corporate tax rate and the U.S. corporate tax rate, which is typically more than 10 percent. The average foreign corporate tax rate in the developed world is 25 percent.
                                Third, the U.S. is not particularly competitive in terms of taxing shareholders. Canada intergrates its corporate tax with shareholder taxes to avoid double-taxation. In the U.S. it just piles up, so the integrated corporate tax rate on equity financed investment is over 50 percent.
                                Perhaps less important to Burger King are sales taxes and property taxes, but they still matter to some extent. Canada has a superior sales tax system that largely exempts business inputs. Most U.S. states apply their sales taxes to capital goods.
                                Canada has a superior property tax system that largely exempts business inputs. In contrast, state and local U.S. property taxes often apply to machinery and equipment and in some states to inventory. Some states also have capital taxes.
                                Putting the domestic tax factors together, Jack Mintz and Duanjie Chen of the University of Calgary found that the U.S. Marginal Effective Tax Rate (METR) on Capital Investment is the highest in the developed world, at 35.3 percent. In contrast, Canada’s METR is about half that, at 18.6 percent. By this measure, Canada has the lowest business tax burden in the G7.
                                In short, in terms of doing business, the U.S. has the least attractive tax regime of any developed country. That is what is causing the corporate inversions. The solution is tax reform, particularly corporate tax reform.

Comment

Working...
                                X