No announcement yet.

Cities: Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Yeah it is fun. Got my city above 11k pop. Still not having major traffic issues. I have one bus line being used by 150 people. It is difficult to tell the range of bus stops. I have no idea how close or far apart to put them. I also don't know if commuters will use just one type of mass transit. Will they go from bus to metro? I need to read more about how to get the most out of these systems
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm just starting to integrate high density zones. My layout isn't very beautiful. Just grids. Trying to get a handle on the mechanics.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Stop having fun and post the screenshots you promised

Comment

Hahaha. Okay first thing tomorrow. I was being lazy.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

(thumbnail, click for larger image)

First city so far. 11k people, $6.9k per week.

Just using grids right now. Trying to figure out how buses work.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But... that looks like what SimCity should have looked like...
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I've expanded up/(north?) a little. I'm de-industrializing on the left/(west?). Also, slowly adding more high density zones. My workforce is much more educated now. I can't find enough poors and stupids to work in the factories. So, I guess I'm outsourcing all that.

14k pop, $11k per week now... my cash reserves are ballooning... nearly 250k now
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Is that all in the entire starting area or you bought additional land?

Comment

The big roundabout in the middle suggests he's added a few areas. Those areas are very cheap, btw.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I played for ~20 mins yesterday, got to unlocking schools and hospitals only.

I've yet to grow to any significant size, but wind power seems 'OP' so far.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Wind and solar is by far most cost effective.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Quie unlike IRL, hence my comment.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, yes and no. Renewable power sources has become a lot more cost effective the last few years.

Comment

So still no then
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Fistandantilus View Post
                                Is that all in the entire starting area or you bought additional land?
                                I bought additional land. I've got five tiles now. Four in that pic.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X