Lombardi Handicappers League 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombardi Handicappers League 2014

The Lombardi Handicappers League is a pick'em league for all pro games against the spread where games are weighted the same. The weekly tie-breaker is the MNF score and the deadline for picks is 5 minutes before each game. There is no playoff scoring.

If you have played before, you are already in. All you need to do is sign in to CBS to make your picks.

If you have not played before but would like to, pm me your email so that I can invite you. Note: New players should enter whatever name they wish to have displayed rather than their actual name when signing up with CBS. Even though you can always change your display name, iirc it is not a quick process on some areas of the League (assuming the fix I pestered them to make still works; it appears to).

Why should you play Lombardi? Three superb reasons:
    1. It's fun
    2. You get to show off your prognostication skills
    3. Ming is the defending champion; do you really want to let him win back-to-back?

The League url is: http://lhl.football.cbssports.com

Incidentally, I've granted pool manager access to Ming during the offseason. While I don't intend to pull a Reismark, **** happens.

Last years thread.
    Last edited by ColdWizard; August 21, 2014, 00:43.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Yep already in. Jazzy new pages I see. At least you can still check out all the old records.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Back in.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Bump in case anyone new to the forum is interested.

Comment

In, picks made.

Lombardi remains my longest-running Poly sports activity in terms of consecutive seasons, same league.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have an account at CBS Sportsline but it takes me to a old FFZ Confidence Pool. It is labeled NFL2005 but gives this weeks games. When I click on above link it won't let me in so I must need an invite. I'm trying under Demonbinder and it says not part of that league so please send me an invite.

Comment

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
              I have an account at CBS Sportsline but it takes me to a old FFZ Confidence Pool. It is labeled NFL2005 but gives this weeks games. When I click on above link it won't let me in so I must need an invite. I'm trying under Demonbinder and it says not part of that league so please send me an invite.
              That's very odd. PM coming shortly.

Page titles don't update when the league rolls over every season. Only if the pool manager changes it. It was Lombardi X or something for a few years before I took it over.
              Last edited by ColdWizard; September 4, 2014, 19:43.

Comment

I did send you an invite to your gmail account. Hopefully you will actually get it.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks, Ming. All set now.

Comment

If Ming does all the work better and faster, does that mean I can retire?

Comment

I was surprised when I got the call. Haven't talked to him since last Christmas.

Comment

1 ColdWizard 131
                        2 brtndr4u 130
                        3 Ming 129
                        4 rah 125
                        5 Berzerker 123
                        6 Demonbinder 122
                        7 Jonny 118
                        8 Spaced Cowboy 112
                        9 Jrabbit 109
                        10 gjramsey 62
                        11 Tuberski 53

in spite of strong finishes from Bartender and Ming, ColdWizard hangs on to win our Lombardi League

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats and well done, CW!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Congrats CW
                            WELL DONE!
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Congrats
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X