No announcement yet.

States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. That's why they are such effective anti-crime measures.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We obviously need to send more to the south side then. It doesn't seem to be working there.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

there's two rust spots on this fire hydrant outside my window

they are strategically placed to make it look like it's a face...

...staring at me
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A bit early for the bong isn't it?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was up earlier today than usual (and not because of a screaming child, for once). Generally, my rule is 10am the earliest. Today is going to be a 9am start... I suspect.

I need to clean my mini-Listerine bottle water pipe first.

I've also got an empty AK47 shaped vodka bottle that I'm making into a bong. Perhaps I can do a little bit of work on that.

You at work already?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I get to work around 7. I'm running some massive data grinding programs and checking results so I have a few minutes between runs. (my computer at work is pretty hot)
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I get to work around 7. I'm running some massive data grinding programs and checking results so I have a few minutes between runs. (my computer at work is pretty hot)
                  Sounds like (not) fun!!!

What're the specs on that machine? Can it play Crysis?

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

heh, I had the same thought
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's going to take more than a pay scale to fix Chicago. what a mess... I've been downtown many times this year... for work or just weekend fun. never have seen any issues there. but even the drive from say the river down town to the museum of science (not along the river but though the hood), not going to stop there. send these kids to work camps for years. they are big and tough enough to play gang member... they could dig ditches for 16 hours a day. Our highway system would be fixed in no time. teach them how work equipment and learn a skill.

Chicago should be caught with a gun - go to work camp. no second chance. otherwise nothing is ever going to change.

Comment

Illinois pays more per prisoner than the median income. It probably would be cheaper to just provide people with a no-strings basic income. Considering mostly all of that money would be spent, it's likely the most efficient use of government money possible... and is easily more efficient than the billions of "investment" money that just sits around doing nothing...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

that's called doing nothing. they don't even make them work... other than going to lift weights all day.

this is what needs to change - there are too many or us, resources are thin, money is tight. you do something bad enough to go to jail - you should have to work, some long damn hours. no pay - you're paying back for your crime. otherwise, jail is just gang banger college.

but we'll never see that... lawyers, medical excuses...

Comment

Yeah, we need to resurrect the chain gangs from the south.
                          The PR would be tough on that one.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Yeah, we need to resurrect the chain gangs from the south.
                            The PR would be tough on that one.
                            Road construction companies rarely, if ever, make use of mass unskilled labor. They use machines. We'd basically be paying for ditch-diggers who cost $64,000 per worker (in IL, that is).

It'd be cheaper to pay Mexicans to do it. And even with dirt wages, it would still probably cost more.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Today is going to be a 9am start...
                              Due to a decent amount of Poly activity, I have been able to postpone until 10am.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I come to work at either 7 or 9. Anything in between and the traffic is terrible. Earlier/later is out of the question (I'd have to wake up too early or leave too late).
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X