No announcement yet.

Predict the percentage of Catholic clergy who are paedophiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have better self control than I do. I would burn that ****ers face off in an instant. And illegality isn't stopping me. Lack of opportunity is.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I agree that you aren't the only one; there are estimates that 1.2% of the American population shows signs of potential psychopathy.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        To be fair, in Ben's case, he probably does see about 2% of history teachers being pedophiles.
        In Ben's case, in a sample of one, being himself. The answer is 100%

Is it any wonder he hasn't been with a woman yet...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          I can't be the only one who wants to splash Justin Bieber in the face with a pot full of boiling transmission fluid, and it's the fact that it's illegal that's stopping me. Similarly, there are probably a lot of pedophiles who are dissuaded by the threat of going to prison. We'll never be able to know how many.
          Flash pictures of smiling kids in seductive poses in front of them and measure the reaction of their irises.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            I agree that you aren't the only one; there are estimates that 1.2% of the American population shows signs of potential psychopathy.
            Tut tut, all people are psychopathic to some degree. Have you learned nothing from history?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You should read The Psychopath Test by that famous Cardiff writer, Jon Ronson...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                I can't be the only one who wants to splash Justin Bieber in the face with a pot full of boiling transmission fluid
                sounds like a euphemism to me…
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                  sounds like a euphemism to me…
                  regina just loves handling hot weapons and their emissions.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                    I don't think that 2% of the adult male population in the US or in the world are pedophiles. .
                    The US bishops conference commissioned a study a few years and came out with a 2% figure, which shocked them because they commissioned the study to show what they expected - that there were less paedophiles in holy orders than the general community, to try and combat some scandals like Boston. But it turned out the figure was roughly the same. The Pope may have drawn on that study.

A contributor to the high figure was recruitment practices, like junior seminaries, where boys as young as 13 or 14 were told they had vocations and segregated from others. Families usually went along with this because it meant kudos to the family, a better education or free tuition. The problem that emerged was men with arrested sexual development attracted to boys around the age of 13 or 14, whose formative sexual experiences were with other boys or paedophile adult men at seminaries. This was a small minority but many were affected by sexual assualt or deprivation.

Junior seminary practices stopped a long time ago. A lot of men who attended them left holy orders later when they realised they didn't have a vocation at all. Some them are quite messed up.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Always pertinent in whatsoever the situation henceafter.

Comment

and that australia sucks

Comment

This is better

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                          X