Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Police Beat 15 year old American Citizen

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I have every confidence that if this was an unjustified use of force, the Israeli authorities will punish the officer appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      I have every confidence that if this was an unjustified use of force, the Israeli authorities will punish the officer appropriately.
      Why? Because the US media and the State Department got involved? I wonder how many Palestinian police brutality victims the world notices/cares about?

Do you think this an aberration or just another in a systemic problem, only brought to light because he is an American citizen?
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Do you think this an aberration or just another in a systemic problem, only brought to light because he is an American citizen?
        The first one. I've been to Israel. The police struck me as professional and deferential.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          The first one. I've been to Israel. The police struck me as professional and deferential.
          What about LAPD?

You know NYPD's slogan is Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect?

Comment

So what have the Marines done? Jack and/or shit? A foreign power is beating up AMERICANS! You gonna let that go unpunished?

Bunch of worthless bums.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              What about LAPD?

You know NYPD's slogan is Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect?
              Complete non-sequitur.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

So let's look at this for a moment. There's massive riots going on in Israel's capital right now. People are throwing rocks at cops. Three Israeli teenagers were brutally murdered by Hamas, because that's what Hamas is all about, and then a bunch of colossally retarded extremist Jews burned a Palestinian kid alive for reasons fathomable only to themselves. Hamas proceeds to escalate by launching 50 rockets a day at Israel. (By the way, Israel appears to have arrested the guys who burned the Palestinian kid.)

Meanwhile a kid who appears to have been in an extremely wrong place at an extremely wrong time is injured in somewhat suspicious circumstances by Israeli police officers. This kid happens to be an American citizen. And this is what Al cares about. OK?

So there's two possibilities: The kid was one of the rock-throwers and the cops beat him up for attacking them (I am not exactly drowning in sympathy in this scenario no matter how swollen his lip is), or two, the Israeli police aren't perfect and a couple of them did something unacceptable yet not exactly unheard of in pretty much any large PD. Big ****ing deal. It's not worthy of international news.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  So there's two possibilities: The kid was one of the rock-throwers and the cops beat him up for attacking them (I am not exactly drowning in sympathy in this scenario no matter how swollen his lip is), or two, the Israeli police aren't perfect and a couple of them did something unacceptable yet not exactly unheard of in pretty much any large PD. Big ****ing deal. It's not worthy of international news.
                  Oh so it's acceptable for two grown men police officers to beat up a 15 year old kid throwing rocks? Is that what you think?

Rocks are dangerous blah blah blah. It's still a 15 year old who probably weighs all of 120lbs. It's not appropriate for police to respond with such force against a minor. We would not accept it from any police department in the United States. In Iraq, children threw rocks at US servicemembers and convoys all the time. No one grabbed kids and beat them as a result.

Comment

Yes? Have you ever had a rock thrown at you, you moron?

Nice DanS by the way. Yes rocks are ****ing dangerous. We're not talking about foam dodgeballs, and I don't care how heavy he was, they can take out an eye, they can take out teeth, they can even kill. You don't have to be that large to cause a lot of damage with a rock. Jesus christ. And besides. THE GUY THREW ROCKS AT COPS*. How ****ing stupid do you have to be to throw rocks at cops? And how ****ing stupid do you have to be to expect the police to sit there twiddling their thumbs while you do it? They're human beings too. How would you react if I threw a rock at you? I'm 135 pounds. Not that much heavier than your lowball estimate.

*In this hypothetical, obviously

Comment

Complete non-sequitur.
                      How professional are those departments? Would they strike you or your twin as professional and deferential?

If our own departments are capable of so much dirt, what makes the Israeli police immune? One would think their barracks mentality would far exceed anything felt by officers in even NYC's 75th precinct.

Comment

I've never been there, I wouldn't know. I had a couple of interactions with the cops in Israel. And I observed them interacting with some Arabs in Jerusalem while there too. They were extremely polite, probably nicer than the cops in fairfax county, VA.

And it's not that these PDs are immune to criticism. If they just beat up a kid for ****s and giggles they should be thrown behind bars and left to rot like in any PD. But this **** happens everywhere so it's not really international headline worthy IMO.

Comment

Yes? Have you ever had a rock thrown at you, you moron?

Nice DanS by the way. Yes rocks are ****ing dangerous. We're not talking about foam dodgeballs, and I don't care how heavy he was, they can take out an eye, they can take out teeth, they can even kill. You don't have to be that large to cause a lot of damage with a rock. Jesus christ. And besides. THE GUY THREW ROCKS AT COPS*. How ****ing stupid do you have to be to throw rocks at cops? And how ****ing stupid do you have to be to expect the police to sit there twiddling their thumbs while you do it? They're human beings too. How would you react if I threw a rock at you? I'm 135 pounds. Not that much heavier than your lowball estimate.

*In this hypothetical, obviously
                          You're not a minor.

So what if he was 12 instead of 15? 10? What if he was an adult woman? A 15 year old girl? Is there ever a circumstance or a perpetrator that you feel that level of force is not necessary retaliation for rock throwing? Is it just 15 year old and above males that deserve to be beaten for throwing rocks or is it just/okay/whatever for police to beat other demographics of rock throwers?

Comment

By the age of 15 we can reasonably expect an American child to be smart enough not to attack policemen. I'd actually be more likely to give him a pass if he were Palestinian, since they basically teach their kids to do this **** in school.

I'm not gonna play what-if. If someone throws rocks at you, you're justified in use of force, period. Not deadly force, but some amount of force.

Comment

Three Israeli teenagers were brutally murdered by Hamas, because that's what Hamas is all about, and then a bunch of colossally retarded extremist Jews burned a Palestinian kid alive for reasons fathomable only to themselves.
                              Very interesting dichotomy. One murderer's essence is killing Israelis. The other one has 'reasons fathomable only to themselves'. Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X