No announcement yet.

Can I See Your Weapon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I'm throwing my weapon Molly, is when I've fired off all my rounds.

I've always wanted an excellent set of throwing knives though, maybe I should follow up on that. I also practice to this day with nunchaku, but as I get older the old regimens become more difficult. That has put me off my practice a bit. The throwing knives I should still be able to do.

Some of your displayed weapons I'd never seen before. May I ask what is your day to day home defense weapon?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
      May I ask what is your day to day home defense weapon?

Comment

Humor is where we find it I guess.

Comment

My home defense weapon is a machete. I had to use it on some poison oak once.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

9mm, short steel baseball bat, and a stout piece of hardwood closet rod 2' long. Plan on getting a glock when a house we're selling sells. People laugh at me around here because I'm home defense weapon oriented but I was born in New York and raised in New Jersey, and that's all the excuse I need.

Comment

the African throwing knife with 3 points is nasty

guns are the great equalizer

isn't life strange?

Comment

i've got some hockey sticks

and a baseball bat
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The phone is my preferred weapon
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

my thunderous voice
                    (nunchakus and two throwing stars which if i use i probably end up instantly unconcious and make the life of the burglar much easier)

Comment

Plan on getting a glock when a house we're selling sells.
                      Is the glock made out of solid gold or something?
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Humor is where we find it I guess.
                        It was just such a matter of fact way of asking what over here is a really bizarre question. It'd be like asking what kind of animal you prefer to juggle with.

Comment

So, is the answer "pants-wetting" or "asking burglar politely to leave"?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            So, is the answer "pants-wetting" or "asking burglar politely to leave"?
                            I'd imagine most people would grab something nearby. The idea of having a 'day to day home defense weapon' however just seems really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              I'd imagine most people would grab something nearby. The idea of having a 'day to day home defense weapon' however just seems really funny.

That's because you aren't a paranoid self-defense loon.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The only time I'm throwing my weapon Molly, is when I've fired off all my rounds.

I've always wanted an excellent set of throwing knives though, maybe I should follow up on that. I also practice to this day with nunchaku, but as I get older the old regimens become more difficult. That has put me off my practice a bit. The throwing knives I should still be able to do.

Some of your displayed weapons I'd never seen before. May I ask what is your day to day home defense weapon?

My acid wit and razor edged tongue.

That and a surprisingly loud voice for someone as short as me.

If all else fails I rely on the boxing skills my grandfather (a professional boxer and trainer) taught me.

My right arm hasn't failed me yet....

Still, one of these would not only look good above the mantlepiece, but would come in useful too- more so than the Dogon granary door or the mbira I have...

Click image for larger version

Name:	late-16th-century-war-hammer-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	9100696

A war hammer from Northern Italy, late 16th Century.

The spike was designed for piercing armour, with the flat end for bashing helmets in. Nice.

This is of course a morning star mace :

Name:	mace10.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	9100697

And lo, this is a Filipino bolo :

Name:	ph-0.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	9100698

Charlie Drake once sang about his boomerang not coming back. Well, some designed for hunting or war weren't meant to. This one :

Name:	iE68349A_big.jpg
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	9100699

for instance. I enjoyed using boomerangs during my stay in Queensland.... didn't kill anyone or anything however.
                                Last edited by molly bloom; May 7, 2014, 10:40.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X