Hotels in Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Mmm. That's what spies are for. (Unless you're talking about civ 3)
    Yeah, then you need to stack a second unit with the alpine troops to make them invincible (IIRC).
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
      What's so funny? Missed me, Gringo?
      Actually, yes, we did miss you Serb. For better or worse you are part of what makes apolyton what it is. Welcome back, man.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Yeah, then you need to stack a second unit with the alpine troops to make them invincible (IIRC).
        It actually was stacked with a Cavalry unit IIRC, but the Alpine Troops did almost all of the killing. Those Mongols sure were dumb.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
          So, how is the ceremony?
          Fantastic .

You guys did an absolutely amazing job. One technical glitch (the 5th ring), but the rest of it was beautiful and incredible. That projection on the floor - WOW!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It deserved 2 posts, I guess .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Alpine troop? In Civ 2, the most powerful unit was the diplomat. I could bribe any unit and even bribe entire cities.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Fantastic .

You guys did an absolutely amazing job. One technical glitch (the 5th ring), but the rest of it was beautiful and incredible. That projection on the floor - WOW!
                  This.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I gotta say, for all its flaws, Russia does pointless prestige projects much better than Britain. The british olympic opening ceremonies were ****ing horrible. It was downright painful to watch when they started rolling kids in NHS hospital beds across the floor.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

They're still way worse at pointless prestige projects than the Chinese.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          I gotta say, for all its flaws, Russia does pointless prestige projects much better than Britain. The british olympic opening ceremonies were ****ing horrible. It was downright painful to watch when they started rolling kids in NHS hospital beds across the floor.
                          So, it was ok?
                          As for pointless prestige project, Sochi is a long-term investment in our national sport. If we won't destroy each other in a nuclear holocaust within the next five or so years, that investment will pay-off for sure, at least in terms of Olympic medals on the next Olympic games. Not to mention that improvements in infrastructure brought Sochi to the entirely new level as a resort area, especially as a winter resort.

Comment

Serb, most cities lose money on the olympics. I doubt Sochi will be any different. Sure, the new facilities may increase tourism somewhat, but the $50 billion price tag is unlikely to be recovered, particularly since even far cheaper olympic games have lost money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                              They're still way worse at pointless prestige projects than the Chinese.
                              So, the Capitalist West finally admits that it entirely sucks at hosting the Olympics and that Commie nations host Olympics way better?

It's a pity we are no longer a Communist state, if we still were, there was not such f*ck-up as 5th ring and everything gone perfect just like in 1980.
                              Last edited by Serb; February 8, 2014, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Serb, most cities lose money on the olympics. I doubt Sochi will be any different. Sure, the new facilities may increase tourism somewhat, but the $50 billion price tag is unlikely to be recovered, particularly since even far cheaper olympic games have lost money.

You can't measure anything in money. As I've said, first of all, that was an investment in our national sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X