Clear All

• GUNS GUNS GERNS

This is now a personal firearms thread.

I'll get things started.

Marlin 795.

S&W MP-15
    With scope:

DSC_1525 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

Without(and with my iron sights on backwards)

DSC_1532 by BaronBucher, on Flickr

SA XD-9

"**** the DC Gun Ban. Yeah, **** it".

My shotgun is ON VACATION, because my brother likes shooting small animals and I do not.

Post your GATS.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I approve mightily of this thread.

I would post right now but I don't feel like getting them out and taking pictures, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Man you don't have any guns.

You live in a state that is more restrictive than Canada.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I do...just not any awesome ones.

I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Remington 870. I will probably supplement that with a Ruger Mini-14 later (10 round mags )

Comment

Can you get a Mini-14 with a flash suppressor in NY? Or would it be a "Ranch Rifle"?

I have a coworker who shoots his CA Legal AR-15 with me on occasion, It only takes him about a second longer to detach magazines with a bullet button then it does mine, which makes me laugh at how disjointed CA and MAs AWBs are.

Comment

CA and NY legal AR-15s are pretty much flipper baby guns.

I think flash suppressors are fine as long as the barrel isn't threaded, meaning it has to be welded or soldered on or something. Obviously I'm not going to get a mini-14 with a barrel shorter than like, 18" MINIMUM without a flash hider.

Another thing I'm looking at getting is a left-handed Remington 700. I kind of want a bolt gun but I want one I can shoot properly left-handed (I am left-handed, left-eye dominant, left-foot dominant, left everything).

Comment

"flipper baby guns"?

Comment

Not exactly the most...politically correct...term for it but I think it gets the point across.

(cause of the thumbhole stocks mainly)

Comment

I still don't see how CA legal AR-15s are "flipper baby guns".

Literally the only thing that makes them different from other ARs is the pinned stock and bullet button, and only a ****** can't change magazines quickly with a bullet button.

Comment

They can only have one "assault weapon feature" meaning many people have stocks without pistol grips, which just look wrong.

Comment

Ah, I believe that the Cali AWB says you can have two, hence flash suppressor(or rather, a "muzzle brake" that is technically not a flash supressor under CA law) and pistol grip.

So, this isn't Cali Legal:

But this is

Some people use those "monster grip" stocks though, whcih is what you're talking about, because they really really do not want a bullet button.

Comment

I just noticed the stock on your Marlin is shockingly similar to the one on my Ruger, possibly identical.

Damn, I want an EOTech sight. Those things are cool as hell. Too bad they run like $600 or something. I could probably get half a dozen Mosins for that.

Comment

Nah, IIRC your Ruger requires a rotary mag, does it not?

EDIT: Also, I ordered a EOTech on Friday. Might do a "family portrait" since I also threw some tech sights on my Marlin.

Comment

I have 10 round rotary mags but the 30-rounders for it (I don't have any but I think they are actually NY legal due to being rimfire) are your regular banana shape. You can get 10 round straight ones I believe too, and 20 round straight ones.

While NY is pretty strict about guns, Monroe County (where I live; I'm in the unincorporated suburbs of Rochester) is pretty gun-friendly. Our sheriff rubber stamps permits for pistol ownership (yes we have those) and concealed carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X