Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Fair enough.

Was the door unlocked? Or was he trying to break it in?
    He was trying to break in.

...Why the hell would you pay so much for a 100 year old gun? Why not just get a Beretta in .45?
    Because the M1911 looks nice, legendary design, etc. The problem is that if you go cheap by buying a Brazilian or Filipino M1911 who knows what you're getting. So people buy Colt/S&W.Ruger etc.

Also how hard is it to find the FN Five-Seven and ammo for it? I have heard that it is a very popular gun, but the ammo is hard to find.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Gotcha. Keep in mind, my knowledge of guns is basically what you learn from Call of Duty and Wikipedia..
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        But but the left handed bolt...
        You'll get used to it.

My Dad's lefthanded and he grew so used to using "righty" M-16s over the course of his 20+ years in the Marines that he refuses to use lefty AR-15s.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Sure but the charging handle on an AR-15 is in the middle.

Also I'm fairly certain you can get AP 5.7mm ammo at gun shows, pretty sure I've seen it.

Comment

A lovely display of arms-race mentality in that video. While extolling the virtues of birdshot, the text caption suggested intruders wearing body armour could be a problem, so buckshot may be preferable.

But what use is buckshot against intruders in tanks? Let's start thinking RPGs and flamethrowers!
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Sure but the charging handle on an AR-15 is in the middle.

Correct, but the brass ejects to the right, which is what screws up Leftys.

Also I'm fairly certain you can get AP 5.7mm ammo at gun shows, pretty sure I've seen it.
              Depends on the state. Don't buy it at a Gunshow in Reno and drive it to Cali, cause the Californian state Fuzz will follow you and arrest you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                A lovely display of arms-race mentality in that video. While extolling the virtues of birdshot, the text caption suggested intruders wearing body armour could be a problem, so buckshot may be preferable.

Birdshot won't stop a human at anything less than a couple of inches. If he's gotten that close you're already doing it wrong. Hence, Buckshot or a HP round for a pistol/rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                  Birdshot won't stop a human at anything less than a couple of inches. If he's gotten that close you're already doing it wrong. Hence, Buckshot or a HP round for a pistol/rifle.
                  How confidant are you of that? Would you let me shoot you from 10 yards with an ounce of 7.5 birdshot? How about from 3 yards away?
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It's the difference between potentially lethal and reliably lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      How confidant are you of that? Would you let me shoot you from 10 yards with an ounce of 7.5 birdshot? How about from 3 yards away?
                      Pretty confident.

Doesn't mean I want to get shot with bird shot. You might as well be asking "Would you let me slice at you with a razor blade?"

Comment

I'd reach for my AR over a birdshot loaded shotgun, no doubt. But at a few yards birdshot is some seriously scary ****. If we were on opposite ends of a room, and you got me in the chest with a dove load, I'd have to seriously reconsider the life choices that brought me to that moment. An ounce of lead flying a thousand feet per second is no joke.

X-post, fair enough.

Comment

Gremlins ate up my pics.
                          Last edited by Felch; October 26, 2012, 21:29.

Comment

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Comment

There are so many AR-15 models. How do you pick which one to get?
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                There are so many AR-15 models. How do you pick which one to get?
                                Cost.

Barrel twist rate.

Barrel/chamber material(to me either Chromelined or stainless is a must).

I'd rather have one chambered in 5.56 than .223.

Barrel length.

My S&W M&P-15 is a champion at mediocrity. It's no National Match model but it came in at $1000, was chrome lined, chambered in 5.66, I went with a 16in barrel, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X