• Should Poly create an X-COM forum?

Wait for the poll.
    Yes
    37.04%
    No
    33.33%
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/zLiAX.gif[/img]
    29.63%
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

The thanks is for the awesome banana option
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The banana option was badly rendered, so I had no choice but to choose "no".
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I personally think we should, since the steam workshop is coming out and we might want to discuss mods and stuff.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Anyone think it'll bring in more posters? There's an XCOM FPS coming out too iirc.

Comment

The X-COM FPS was probably a Stephen Colbert style joke. Intentionally say something that will piss people off in order to achieve the opposite... the game had been under development for a while when they announced the hopefully-imaginary FPS, to the general anguish of the world. Thus people talked about X-COM more, and thus they got free publicity for the real game

Comment

Why should we make a forum for a game people won't be talking about anymore a month from now?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It'll last an awful lot longer than that, especially once mods roll out.

10 users isn't enough to make a forum though. Really, at this point Apolyton should put me in charge. My first act will be killing whoever runs the site right now.

Comment

This thread deserves five stars just for that banana gif file.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Why should we make a forum for a game people won't be talking about anymore a month from now?
                    still got the civ forum dont we?
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Early on we can discuss in xcom in a high profile place, and if a hardcore develops here then they can get a room?
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I voted yes, but for another election that banana would of gotten my vote.
                        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

That really is the best banana option ever.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

If there were going to be an Xcom forum, would people be prepared to create content and/or moderate it?
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I think so, yes. We already have been creatin content (like MRTs post in the other thread). I would happily moderate it (ie delete spambots as would others I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                              X