X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Gift for the Zombie Hunter You Love

Zombie Bullets In High Demand Following Flesh-Eating Attacks
    June 7, 2012 3:30 PM

DETROIT (WWJ) – Worried about a zombie attack? Buy zombie bullets.

Talk about zombies and a possible zombie apocalypse has increased due to recent gory accounts of drug-induced, flesh-eating attacks in the news.

Stores across the U.S., including in Metro Detroit, are getting in on the undead action by selling Zombie Bullets, made by Hornady Manufacturing.

In promoting the product on their website, Hornady suggests, “Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max bullets… MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”

So, will this ammunition actually defend against the things that go bump in the night?

WWJ Newsradio 950′s Zahra Huber spoke with company spokesman, Everett Deger, who said, while the bullets are real, they’re only meant to be used on targets and not on people (or zombies).

(credit: Hornady)
    Deger said company president Steve Hornady came up with the idea for Zombie Max bullets because of his love for zombie movies and shows.

“After it gained some acceptance among some of us here in the company got on board with the idea we decided just to have some fun with a marketing plan that would allow us to create some ammunition designed for that … fictional world,” Deger said.

He said the Zombie Max and Z-Max bullets are Horady’s most successful products.

“This is probably one of the only (product) launches that we’ve seen when people who are not in the hunting and shooting industry will go out and they will purchase this,” Deger said.

“I mean, I’ve heard of guys who buy it just because they think the packaging is cool and they set it on their cube and they don’t even own a gun,” he said. ”It has that sort of cross-market appeal, which I think is rare to find these days, where you can actually sell something that will transcend not just one market but go into several.”

In Michigan, the bullets are available at Cabela’s. You can find other retailers selling Zombie bullets at this link.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Next up, zombie killing guns. Then every office cubicle can be adorned with both. We'll then feel much safer from zombie attacks.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Definitely a must have if you want to survive in our future zombie ridden society
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Fathers day is coming up. May want to consider having your kids do an arts and crafts gift this year.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2294133_make-lobo.html
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I hate this ****. Hornady makes great ammunition, but instead of producing more of the TAP FPDs, they're catering to the moron market.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The moron market pays well.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You really do need this sort of thing here in Detroit. I should probably invest...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                The moron market pays well.
                No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                  Fathers day is coming up. May want to consider having your kids do an arts and crafts gift this year.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2294133_make-lobo.html
                  Duct-taping a machete to a handle or sharpening the edge of a shovel? Pfft, amateur stuff. Get a real weapon for the zombie apocalypse. A machete on a long handle is called a glaive. A halberd or bill is even better for skull-cracking and decapitation. For back-up and close quarters you need a real sword. Rapiers are right out. Forget the katana stuff, too, you need a reliable single sword and double weapon techniques (which includes sword and buckler). I've been studying George Silver's sword combat stuff for some years now.

Just like the knights of old, at least a little bit of armor is a good idea, too. You don't want scratches from their possibly infectious nails dooming you to join their numbers. It doesn't have to be heavy or worn over a gambeson since they don't use weapons. A basket hilt for the sword is preferred for the same reason.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X