No announcement yet.

NBA 2012, when does the season start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as he acts like an ass... he should expect the same.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He posted a funny picture, nothing about that was being an ass. You just laid into him for no reason.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Thunder and Heat seem not to care about home court advantage. Now they are two behind Bulls in loss column and Spurs are only one behind. It would be nice if Bulls could get it. Every little bit helps.

Miami seems dis-interested right now. Are they in the "we'll make the playoffs as second seed so why bother" mode?

Comment

Yeah... it seems like Miami does indeed think they can win it all and that the regular season doesn't really matter. I wonder if that attitude will serve them well in the post season.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Knicks went 3 crazy on the Celtics. 19/32 from the 3-point line. They had a better shooting percentage from beyond the arc than FG%.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Yeah... it seems like Miami does indeed think they can win it all and that the regular season doesn't really matter. I wonder if that attitude will serve them well in the post season.
              Well now we'll see if they can do it after resting starters at end of year and losing home court advantage to the Bulls. Chicago also has same record as Spurs and own tiebreaker against them for overall best record. Thibs will definitely play starters to try and get them in some type of rhythm going into the playoffs. Question for them is health of team going forward. They can't afford any more set backs.

Comment

Miami did something that I didn't think possible. Overtook the Lakers as my most hated team.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bulls take 1-0 lead over 76ers; season ends.

Derrick Rose has officially been diagnosed with a torn ACL in his left knee, and he will not return this season.

Rose simply couldn't stay healthy this year and although the temptation is reasonable, nobody should be pointing fingers at Tom Thibodeau for leaving his starters in the game with a double-digit lead and 80 seconds remaining. Thibodeau noted that Philly was making a late run and he wanted his team to both stop their momentum and practice closing out meaningful games. In any case, Chicago will soldier on with C.J. Watson starting at PG and John Lucas absorbing backup minutes. Presumably, Rose will need surgery but he should be ready for the start of training camp.

Apr 28 - 6:30 PM
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have been busy all day (for those of you that know him, PJ was in town) so I did not see game but saw final score. Just saw JR's note. Oh well, there goes the conference finals, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                      Oh well, there goes the conference finals, at least.

They're not getting past the Sixers without Rose.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

We'll see about that. They suck pretty badly.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You do realize that the Bull's record without Rose was 18-9. That .666 winning percentage is better than every other team's percentage in the East except for Miami.
                          And in most of those games Hamilton didn't play and in a few Deng didn't either.

SO, while I doubt they can beat the Heat, there's no reason to think they automatically can't beat any other team in the East.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Adidas reveals new Derrick Rose playoff jersey:

Comment

Just rubbing it in.

Comment

I like it. Pretty good. But the suit he was wearing at the news conference the other day looked a lot more expensive then 300 bucks.

So Alby, are you going on record as saying they'll lose to the 76ers?
                                I just want to know so I can abuse you when they win. (and I'll expect the same if they lose).
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X