CTP screen issue (no refresh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP screen issue (no refresh)

Hello, I have a pretty serious deal, and since couldn't find any solution, so I'm writing here.
    On my notebook, when I start CTP (no matter if it's menu or game itself) screen doesn't refresh itself manually. It changes only when I ride mouse up and down all the time (when I go down, part on the line of my mouse refresh. Hope you understand, it's hard to explain). Everything else works properly, when I click where end of turn should be it ends, same with everything else. It's just that when I move map, or unit I have to move my mouse up and down to actually see what's going on. And it actually make game unplayable.

Reinstals doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what's going on? :/

Eerion -- Sorry to say this is a known bug (I think it is the same one you're talking about). You mean to say that OTHER units seem to be out of place on the screen, and the only way to see their actual positions is to scroll... right? If so, then yes, this is true on all platforms. Usually, it is only one or two units, and USUALLY it only happens with A/I units NOT human players. If it is HUMAN player units that you see this happening with, then that is different than the bug I just described.

Comment

It's different. I think I know what you're talking about.
      What I'm saing that whole screen doesn't refresh. Not part of it. It's same with menu, UI and gamemap.

Comment

Weird... does it just happen on your laptop?

Comment

Yepp.
          It's just one laptop, so it must be a hardware problem. The thing is - I don't know what exacly.

Comment

Is there any way you can plug your laptop into a standard monitor and see if it gets better?

Comment

Will have opportunity for that in few days. Will check and tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eerion View Post
                Yepp.
                It's just one laptop, so it must be a hardware problem. The thing is - I don't know what exacly.
                I don't know exactly either, but it is graphic related, so updating the graphic card drivers to the latest version could be worth a trial.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I have the exact same problem as the original poster. Was a working solution ever found?

Comment

Nope.
                    Well I managed to get rid of it, by playing on another PC :P

But I'll be doing format pretty soon (I think), will see if this actually makes any difference

Comment

Sorry for the extremely late responce - but the problem persist. It must be some hardware issue, as I was updating the drivers, and still there was no change.

Painful =f

Comment

Working...
                      X