Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Mistake in GooglyBoogly's Datalinks Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mistake in GooglyBoogly's Datalinks Update?

Hello, guys!

I just wanted to report what seems to be a mistake in GooglyBoogly's mod (by the way it's very useful for a noob like me). The updated datalinks (advanced concepts, random events) state that "If the base is size 4 or less, or it is the only base of it's faction, or it is already under a random event time line (e.g. minerals boom for 10 years) – then there is no event". Well, I just got half of my empire destroyed by an asteroid (including the HQ) and all of my bases are size 4 or less. None of them could grow to size 5 during that turn either.

Another interesting thing is that when this happened I got the message saying something like "asteroid strikes near X", where X is the name of my HQ base. However, the center of the crater is where another base used to be, so its probably an error in the message.

Yes, GB's datalinks update is incorrect. The information on random events comes from the Prima Strategy Guide. However, at least two errors crept in. The Strategy Guide states:

If the picked base is less than Size 4, or if it is the only base of its faction, or if it is already under the effect of an on-going random event (for example, famine), then no event takes place.
    So, size 4 bases can undergo random events. Also, contrary to the datalinks update, an asteroid can strike your HQ. I'll make a note of this in the appropriate thread, but I don't think that GB is working on this project any longer. Thanks for pointing this error out!
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
    X