No announcement yet.

Should countries enact a Tobin tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of you are making any sense. I hope you're all drunk as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      This Tobin tax thing looks to me like an astonishingly bad idea. It seems like a wonderful way to get all of the stock traders to move to London and Tokyo, never to return.
      Awesome. They're probably all douchebags so let's dump them all in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        a financial transactions tax is a good idea, if implemented properly, and could raise a substantial amount of money.
        You think an extra $33 billion to $118 billion globally is a "substantial amount of money"?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Income taxes, sales taxes...I was referring specifically to financial transactions.
          You just said "transactions".

But I am honestly interested in why you think a .0006% (or whatever absurdly small percentage it would be) tax on me changing pesos to dollars would be worse than the 12% VAT I paid to buy medicine?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            You think an extra $33 billion to $118 billion globally is a "substantial amount of money"?
            If it goes to me it's pretty substantial.

Comment

How many child brides will $33 billion get you in the Philippines? All of them?

Comment

I really have no idea. I don't know why you're so interested in the price, hard up for sex are you?

I do however know how many homes for families that would build. A decent home can be built there for $10k. Let's see... say $80bn. We could build decent homes (not that we would, but we could) for 8 million third world families.

Nothing substantial there...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  I do however know how many homes for families that would build. A decent home can be built there for $10k.
                  How much money does Poly need to donate to build another expat sex mansion?

Comment

If it's going to house an expat and be called a mansion, at least 30x more than last time I'd say.

Comment

I don't know how much money Poly got conned out of the first time, as I wasn't posting here yet.

Comment

Though since youv'e downgraded your house hunting from a sex palace to a sex mansion, you're probably getting a little more into the range of possibility there. Next it'll be a sex condo, and then a sex studio, and then a sex bunk in the YMCA... which is probably right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          I don't know how much money Poly got conned out of the first time, as I wasn't posting here yet.
                          Don't worry, it's always been perfectly obvious that you are completely ignorant in regards to that subject matter.

Comment

Jesus, even your one-liners are overwrought.

edit:
                            Abnormalities include verbosity, abrupt transitions, literal interpretations and miscomprehension of nuance, use of metaphor meaningful only to the speaker, auditory perception deficits, unusually pedantic, formal or idiosyncratic speech, and oddities in loudness, pitch, intonation, prosody, and rhythm.

Interesting.

Comment

We wouldn't want you to take any form of pleasure in the telling of the joke that you are, now would we?

Comment

Speech may convey a sense of incoherence; the conversational style often includes monologues about topics that bore the listener, fails to provide context for comments, or fails to suppress internal thoughts. Individuals with AS may fail to monitor whether the listener is interested or engaged in the conversation. The speaker's conclusion or point may never be made, and attempts by the listener to elaborate on the speech's content or logic, or to shift to related topics, are often unsuccessful.

Wow, this is scarily accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X