Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    I'm doing 5-6 this year.
    If it's something like best lineup of the week or a salary league, I can do it but a full-fledged league... my one for money and the Apolyton one is already enough for me to follow and manage.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      If it's something like best lineup of the week or a salary league, I can do it but a full-fledged league... my one for money and the Apolyton one is already enough for me to follow and manage.
      The thing is, yahoo has made it incredibly easy now to manage multiple teams from the same yahoo account. Depending on the league's propensity to trade, the draft and free agents are the most important thing to keep track of. If you're like me, you spend most of sunday watching football and are on your computer checking stats so the free agent thing isn't that much of a deal.

I think the only thing that is difficult with multiple teams is when you wind up either having very similar teams for all teams which can be good or bad, or you have such varied teams that a TD in one league can hurt you in another.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The biggest issue is having the same couple players being your heroes in one league while screwing you blue in another. It can be frustrating.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          The biggest issue is having the same couple players being your heroes in one league while screwing you blue in another. It can be frustrating.
          I just get to cheer for everyone then.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            What are you rolling your eyes about?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              the leagues haven't always had the same off stats, we were playing around with the numbers to find a good balance between the main pos
              I remember reading some on Thehuddle.com about a scoring system that generally provided a more even scoring system between positions but much less even between individual players within the position. I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I don't know if I can handle 3 leagues
                pvssy

Comment

we need to start discussing stat lines, should we go with a yardage league or ppr?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    we need to start discussing stat lines, should we go with a yardage league or ppr?
                    i liked the settings last year. It made it somewhat interesting during the draft.

Comment

FWIW, I won't play non-PPR.

Also: I'm not interested in the usual blowhard "my stat analysis can whup your stat analysis" discussion of settings. I'm planning to commish the IDP without major changes. It's a game, not a simulation.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

can u post the stats?

if jag doesnt show up I'll commish the D league

Comment

Let's get it on.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm here. I'm not as free to enforce speedy drafting as I was when I was in school, which will make Slowwy sad. However I should still be reasonably able to get things done. League members will have to step up a little in terms of picking responsibly.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Team Defense League

Jaguar (commish)
                              Berzerker
                              Slowwhand
                              Duke of York
                              Flash
                              MRT
                              Ozzy
                              Guynemer
                              Spaced Cowboy
                              Al B
                              Koy
                              Sparrowhawk
                              Jonny

thats 13 so far

and 8 for the IDP league

JRabbit (commish)
                              Berzerker
                              Coldwizard
                              Slowwhand
                              Guynemer
                              Koy
                              Ben
                              Tuberski

we have some flexibility, a couple people indicated either league would work for them (I think)

Comment

Imran isn't in this year for DST

Comment

Working...
                                X