• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 complete issue

Whenever I try to play Civ 3 Complete The following message pops up:
    FONT ERROR
    Error loading Font (Error Code 13)!!
    Game will now exit

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
    Thanks,
    Shemtov
    Notes.
    I'm running window Xp.
    I recently tried to install a mod from civ fanatics, but gave up while before putting any files in my civ folder. When I Took away the mod's folder, what looks like a copy of LSANS.TTF came with it to the recycle bin, Restoring it didn't help my issue.

Maybe there are some help here :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A separate issue related to Civ 3 complete (or maybe just to Vista): I've been trying to find the .ini file so I can set the screen resolution so it keeps the native settings when the game starts rather than reverting to 800x600 (or whatever the game std is). So far all my searches have turned up empty despite turning off hidden files and everything else I can think of to make sure nothing is tucked away somewhere.

Also, is there a way to edit the map of a normal C3C game that you are currently playing? I can't find the right file type when I open the editor so it looks like I can only make new maps or edit scenario maps.

Comment

I think Vista is the same as Win7. If the game was installed as Admin, the ini will be in the Program files X86. If not then it will be in the User folder and could be in several sub folders though likely User/User/...

Comment

Before installation of game format your PC.

Comment

I know that this is an older question, but the answers might be useful to someone...

Originally posted by snardo View Post
            A separate issue related to Civ 3 complete (or maybe just to Vista): I've been trying to find the .ini file so I can set the screen resolution so it keeps the native settings when the game starts rather than reverting to 800x600 (or whatever the game std is). So far all my searches have turned up empty despite turning off hidden files and everything else I can think of to make sure nothing is tucked away somewhere.
            If you're looking for your Civ Complete files, try C:-> Program Files -> Atari -> Civilization III Complete

There is no ini file in the main folder, but if you go down to the Conquests folder, you can find the Conquests ini file.
            Open that file in notepad and add the line KeepRes=1 and see if it helps.

Originally posted by snardo View Post
            Also, is there a way to edit the map of a normal C3C game that you are currently playing? I can't find the right file type when I open the editor so it looks like I can only make new maps or edit scenario maps.
            Yes. Go to the Creation & Customization forum at the Civfanatics site and look for Steph's Civ III expanded Editor.

Comment

Working...
            X