Updating the Datalinks Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating the Datalinks Update

I was intending to fix a few of the typos in and generally tidy up my own copy of the Comprehensive Datalinks Update by GooglyBoogly (originally Rubin), but when I saw that scient had returned and intended to include an updated version of the datalinks in the next patch thought I may as well stop by the IRC channel and see if I could help. scient sent me a version with a few tweaks and I have been going through and improving them were I can. The problem is that I'm very far from an expert on Alpha Centuri, having only played single player, never been involved with the community, and rediscovered the game only a few months ago. Always loved it though, especially the story, setting and datalinks. There are quite a few things which I think it would be nice to clarify or add to the datalinks which I am unsure about and you guys probably know, or at least can point me in the right direction to find.

So, yes. This thread is mainly for two things. For me to post questions, and for anyone else to post answers or other things which need fixing. Seems like a fun project.

Hello people.

Oh, and I cross posted this on Civgaming, Civfanatics, and Weplayciv, but am unable to post links to those threads due to a 20 postcount limit. If a mod feels like being helpful it would be nice to replace this message with the links found in those threads.
    Last edited by ete; May 23, 2011, 20:31.

Unanswered Questions

Note: Some of these I can test myself and will probably get around to it if no one else has the info handy, but it would be easier to not have to test everything. If other people know answers or where to find them (or are willing to test) it would speed things up greatly.

For the Altitude and Heavy Artillery entries, how exactly does the bonus to heavy artillery from altitude work? How much altitude is required, does it max out? Interaction with sea based guns?

Originally posted by Current datalinks (source: manual)
    {Conquering a base} destroys a random number of the base's facilities
    How is this determined? Even a rough idea of how it works out what is destroyed would be good.

Unity Pod event chances! What are the chances for each, what effects them? Non combat units popping pods boosts the chance of worms? How much later in the game do more advanced Battle Ogres start appearing, and how does map size impact this?

Some wild lifeforms may be captured if your faction possess a positive $LINK rating, if you control too many natives of any type (regardless of how they were acquired) you will be unable to capture any more until either you lose control of some or you increase your PLANET rating further.
    Capture chances for different Planet ratings? Max native count for different Planet ratings?

Comment

Working...
    X