No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa whoa whoa, slow your roll there, guy. No need to start flinging around insults; there was just the one scene about sparing any IIer other than Theon, and it was a couple weeks ago, with Blackwater as the intervening episode. Easy to forget, especially if one doesn't see the "previously on".
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It was pretty obvious. If he wasn't sure what happened he should have said so, instead of acting like a giant tool.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think you'll find my version is funnier, and therefore correct.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• At least in the books there was a more logical and believable build up to the events in the north. HBO seems to have just ran out of minutes in the show and had to cut everything down to just two minutes which precludes much in the way of build up found in the books.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I think the show also wanted to remind people about the impending threat from the far North. The better question is how they'll do it in the upcoming seasons.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
              3. Yup, that was unconvincing. He also appeared to wear particularly flammable clothing.
              I think this is meant to tell us something about the characteristics of dragonfire. After all, it was substituted for wildfire when the dragons were gone. Not too implausible to assume that dragonfire would carry a substance that keeps burning.

Comment

• Which makes the decision to enrage it, stand right in front of it, and have a good old chortle even more open to constructive criticism.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• SuperPACS Westeros style

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...nes-attack-ads
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Did Ogie just provide a link to Mother Jones?!?!

I think I need to lie down.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                      Which makes the decision to enrage it, stand right in front of it, and have a good old chortle even more open to constructive criticism.
                      Fully agreed. How a dude who runs such a cool tower building on his own (he was by himself was he not?) couldn't at least calculate some risk about the dragons starting to spit fire, is totally beyond me. Although we didn't see them do that earlier on, so it may have been unforseeable, in a way. Still, a risk had to be taken into account.

Comment

• I had read the first book before HBO did the series and wondered why it looked so familiar. Then my brother gave me the rest of the books so I am now caught up to what George has done so far (yes, I do know him, though I haven't seen him for a few years). I'm glad he is keeping a tight rein on what HBO is doing, but I wonder at some of the changes, esp. the Winterfell scene and how the Iron Islanders escape with a whole army surrounding them. I'll have to talk to him at Worldcon in September about some of that stuff.

Overall, I've enjoyed the HBO handling of it, given their time restraints. I wonder how long they will keep it going, though. Wasn't happy when they cancelled Deadwood and never did the two part show they promised to wrap it up. My favorite characters (like most everyone) are the dwarf and the youngest Stark daughter. Can't wait until the next season.

Comment

• In these dark days of no new Game of Thrones episodes we must content ourselves with any news we can get. Here's a behind the scenes on Season 3 from the BBC.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Last weekend the did a marathon and played all the episodes. I watched most of them back to back. A good reminder of how good they were. (yes, there are flaws, but nothing is perfect)
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              In these dark days of no new Game of Thrones episodes we must content ourselves with any news we can get...

Breaking Bad is back.

All is right in the TV universe.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                Last weekend the did a marathon and played all the episodes. I watched most of them back to back. A good reminder of how good they were. (yes, there are flaws, but nothing is perfect)
                                Bush-head or no Bush-head version?
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X