• Show
Clear All

Tits and ass.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

@ ColdWizard

T&A = Tautologies and Analysis
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Taint and Anus.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

What I've noticed reading some threads about this series is a lot of people who haven't read the books say things like "the writers should really do X" jokingly while thinking that X would be something that would never happen in this kind of fantasy series when X is already something that's written into the books, in some cases in the part that's being covered in the very next episode
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
            What I've noticed reading some threads about this series is a lot of people who haven't read the books say things like "the writers should really do X" jokingly while thinking that X would be something that would never happen in this kind of fantasy series when X is already something that's written into the books, in some cases in the part that's being covered in the very next episode
            Lol. Can you give examples?
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

On another forum someone said and I paraphrase:
              (spoiler for episode 2)
              Spoiler:
              Stupid mascot puppies, I hope someone kills one of them, which is exactly what happens in episode 2

More long-term spoiler about the Lecherdwarf, don't read unless you want what happens in the third season/book spoiled:
              Spoiler:
              The lecherdwarf ends up married to the girl who wants to be a princess, cracked me up when people on this thread talked about him spanking her...
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I saw the first episode and I think it was great. I read the first two books.

Comment

Just saw this last night, finally.

Great stuff.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Watching stuff like this and Boardwalk in HD makes me wonder whether this kind of TV is the new film. Let's face it, apart from the Art Deco ext/interiors of some of the 30's finest, cinemas suck.

Comment

Yep. Movies are starting to become abbreviated versions of what could be awesome on cable networks.

Comment

Just finished reading the first book. Definitely a kill craze.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          Watching stuff like this and Boardwalk in HD makes me wonder whether this kind of TV is the new film.
                          Their budgets are approaching that of film now.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

£5 million an episode for 'Thrones.

The other thing is that without having to cram a novel-length story into a paltry 90-120 minutes a story has a chance at being properly told, characters developed and so on. People familiar with a book are usually disappointed at the film adaptation/massacre - but apart from anything else it just won't fit.

Comment

That's close to a hundred million dollars for a season (Assuming 12 or 13 episodes). That's a big gamble for TV, but it could wind up being an excellent investment.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Only 10 episodes. Apparently they've already recouped about half of that investment by selling international rights for the first season.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X