Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah.

Spoiler:
    They were too old to be his sons. He just ****ed their mom because he can't keep it in his pants. But he's of an age with Robb, and those kids would be something like 4 and 6 or 7 or something, so unless he ****ed their mom when he was 10...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• "[The number of series] is being discussed as we speak. The third season was the first half of book three, season four will be the second part of book three. . . George R.R. Martin has written books four and five; six and seven are pending," Doelger told Radio Times at the BAFTA Awards last weekend. "I would hope that, if we all survive and if the audience stays with us, we'll probably get through to seven seasons."

Interesting. I wonder if that means the show will have the five year gap (or a very accelerated version of the events of 4/5) that GRRM originally tried for? It would let the kids age properly and skip the whole Meereenese knot problem...
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• "Meereenese knot". That's just annoying and weak. It's Martin going "Oooooo, I've painted myself into a corner by having more characters and sub-plots than my poor little imagination can deal with".

Get an editor, man.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          "Meereenese knot". That's just annoying and weak. It's Martin going "Oooooo, I've painted myself into a corner by having more characters and sub-plots than my poor little imagination can deal with".

Get an editor, man.
          Indeed.

One review of 'Dance with Dragons' summed it up. "Winter is coming, just very slowly".

The 'White Walkers' are certainly taking their sweet time.

Comment

• They're leading a zombie army, you can only shuffle along so quickly.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Don't forget they can't move beyond the Wall due to the magic protection.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                Don't forget they can't move beyond the Wall due to the magic protection.
                Bad news for the Wildlings...so, why was Mormont bothered? Wildlings wiped out, they're sitting pretty. Clearly the Wall isn't as useful as all that.

Comment

• Well, there is said to be ways to get the Wall down. Don't remember how, think one way was the Horn of Joramund?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Well, there is said to be ways to get the Wall down. Don't remember how, think one way was the Horn of Joramund?
                    Can Zombies blow horns?

Comment

• No idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                        Indeed.

One review of 'Dance with Dragons' summed it up. "Winter is coming, just very slowly".

The 'White Walkers' are certainly taking their sweet time.
                        You realize that books 4 and 5 happen at the exact same time, right? That means only half as much time as you think has passed.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          "Meereenese knot". That's just annoying and weak. It's Martin going "Oooooo, I've painted myself into a corner by having more characters and sub-plots than my poor little imagination can deal with".

Get an editor, man.
                          QFT
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            You realize that books 4 and 5 happen at the exact same time, right? That means only half as much time as you think has passed.
                            Still far too many pages.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Winter arrives according to the maesters in the very last chapter of ADWD.

Spoiler:
                              Re: Horn of Joramun, I suspect the horn is just the thing Victarion has that is supposed to control dragons. Big magical phenomena in this series are usually somewhat roundabout and more mundane than they seem. I suspect the ability of the Horn of Joramun to bring the wall down is just from dragons melting it.

Comment

• DAT

ASS

So much for those of us who had never thought to see Dany in the nude again...
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X