Shogun scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogun scenario

I have finally got back on the scenario creation ride. I really need to finish off some 90% completed projects but at the moment I'm well into the Samurai and all things Japanese. A while back I started making a map for Patine's scenario idea about the US invasion of Japan in WWII. That scenario never got off the drawing board but I decided the map would be a good scale for a new scenario about the Samurai (along the lines of Darth Veda's Sengoku Jidai scenario). I also wanted to include Korea on the map to allow the Samurai Invasion of Korea 1592-98. I have been doing some quite intensive work on the map and I have the shoreline finished. The rest of the map should be comparatively simple now, though it will still take some time to complete. When it is finished it will be suitable for several historical scenarios such as the attempted Mongol Invasions of Japan in 1274 and 1281 and also the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-5 as Manchuria is included on the map. Although my Shogun scenario (I may think of a more original name later) is in its infancy I was quite please with the progress so far and wanted to wet your appetites for some Far Eastern warfare. If anyone would like to use the map for their own purposes once I have finished it then be my guest.

SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Sounds interesting McM. And I do have to say, your maps are always very good!

P.S Where can one download Sengoku Jidai?
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain View Post
      Sounds interesting McM. And I do have to say, your maps are always very good!

P.S Where can one download Sengoku Jidai?
      Why, at our very own Scenario Lea.... oh wait!

I think there may be a ToT conversion posted by Catfish and featuring Fairline's units in the download archive at Civ Fanatics!
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Thanks mate! Looking forward to see more from your scenario!
        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

I gave Sengoku Jidai a try recently, and found the map too large by quite a bit. I suggest you might want to increase the scale somewhat.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I believe this new map is at least half the scale of the one in Sengoku Jidai. I'm normally a fan of large maps but I appreciate the problems they can cause the AI. I found with Sengoku Jidai that despite the huge map most of the map was of no use because the roads were the only way to traverse the great distances. In my scenarios I strive to make roads the most efficient way of travelling (as well as by sea) but when it gets to the tactical stage off road movement should be an option to outflank an enemy via an off road route.
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
              Why, at our very own Scenario Lea.... oh wait!

I think there may be a ToT conversion posted by Catfish and featuring Fairline's units in the download archive at Civ Fanatics!
              Here's a more recent graphic set to go with:
              Attached Files
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Gareth, I couldn't open the rar files as they are archived, whatever that means. I normally open them ok with 7-Zip.
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Tried dl'ing myself and I get errors and 0kb files. Yet another big plomp on the site...

EDIT: Just noticed Catfish has uploaded these gfx plus his terrain at civfan, posted in the link to the scenario you already gave Drew
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I was wondering if anyone had one of these in their graphics archives:

Korean Turtle Ship

I remember there was one (or something that looked very much like one) in an old fantasy scenario but I have been unable to locate it. I just want to use it as a place holder for now until I can mod one out myself or, even better, someone very kindly draws me a new one

These remarkable ships were armed with cannons and the top deck was armoured and had metal spikes to discourage boarding parties. Here are some more images I found:

Google image search brings up loads more.
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                    X