And now for more important matters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for more important matters...

Enough of this crap about economics and the First Amendment. Which Led Zeppelin album was the best, and why? I've never been able to decide, though I've ruled out Houses of the Holy, Presence, In Through The Out Door and, obviously, Coda. We're not counting live albums, BBC recordings or weird limited-edition thingies here, just the 8 albums listed.
    Led Zeppelin
    4.76%
    LZ II
    28.57%
    LZ III
    4.76%
    Untitled/IV/Runes/whatever
    38.10%
    Houses of the Holy
    0.00%
    Physical Graffiti
    4.76%
    Presence
    0.00%
    In Through The Out Door
    0.00%
    I don't like Led Zeppelin
    9.52%
    Coda/Banana
    9.52%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

LZ1, personally.

Presence has the best opening 20 seconds, though. Triffic bassline. Downhill after that.

Comment

Yes, Presence has Achilles Last Stand, and...Royal Orleans is fun, and...then it's basically got nothing. Still, HotH is my least favorite album of theirs, even though I like half the songs on it. The overall vibe is simply weird to my ear. I think I'm leaning towards Physical Graffiti. It would have been II, easily, except for Moby Dick. That song is the musical equivalent of coitus interruptus.
      1011 1100

Comment

i'm really torn between 1, 2 and 3. if you asked me this question on three different days i would probably give three different answers. today i'm going to plump for 2.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I vs. IV...
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Even with the Cadillac commercial and Stairway to Heaven's overexposure, IV is a strong contender. Love that bleeding harmonica on When the Levee Breaks!
            1011 1100

Comment

my opinion about iv is somewhat controversial with zeppelin fans, but i'd put it 5th or 6th if i had to make a list...

/runs
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

For me, I has my favorite song but IV has better songs.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                  my opinion about iv is somewhat controversial with zeppelin fans, but i'd put it 5th or 6th if i had to make a list...

/runs
                  GO LISTEN TO IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR SOME MORE, ******! WANT MORE SYNTHESIZER? IS THAT HOW YOU LIKE IT??!
                  1011 1100

Comment

don't say i didn't warn you...

Comment

although i would probably put in through the out door below iv, 6th or 7th...

Comment

II, mostly for Heartbreaker.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What is Led Zeppelin? A rock band?

Okay I looked it up. It is. Their most famous song is a song called Stairway to Heaven. There's an O'Jays song by that name It's different than this one though.

The O'Jays one is a classic though:

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 3, 2010, 20:39.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I saw Speer had posted in the Zep thread and I though "oh, no. Here we go. 'It's not an R&B act so they must be ****ing shyte'"

Not far off.

Comment

Though funnily enough, by the original style of R&B....

Comment

Working...
                              X