No announcement yet.

This Game Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happens every time they release a new Civ.
    Bring tears to my eyes...

I'm becoming old and sensible.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
      Honestly, all these years of work and this is what you came up with? The hex tiles are nice, and maybe a few changes to the battle system are interesting, but what do we really have here? This is basically Civ4 with some stuff taken out, which is terrible since I thought Civ4 was a game made for 5 year olds. .
      5 year olds??!

I admit that my friends' 5 year old daughter does play CIV IV--on Settler, and with a lot of help and advice.

Comment

LOL! O.K., trolling it is. Enjoy yourself. LOL.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

delurks

Whoa. Just by your language you are a hard core troll. I have been playing civ since the beginning. It has never been tailored to MP. Sorry, if I remember correctly (and I believe I do) Sid himself said that he thought the best way to play these styles of PC games was in single player mode and that's how he designed them. If your chief complaint it doesnt suit your starcraft two style of play...there is a game out there for you with a robust mp game engine. THis isnt the one though.

Love the new place.

Back to lurker mode

Comment

Oh look! It seems like one of the people who didn't get enough attention from his parents as a child has posted an attention-seeking thread! How novel!

Comment

Honestly, all these years of work and this is what you came up with? The hex tiles are nice, and maybe a few changes to the battle system are interesting, but what do we really have here? This is basically Civ4 with some stuff taken out, which is terrible since I thought Civ4 was a game made for 5 year olds. Basically all the maintenance system has been boiled down to happiness. Somehow, they even managed to make it more repressive than the maintenance system in Civ4. I just love how my size 1 cities are angry on king level with 3 cities total. Yes, 3 cities total and my cities are unhappy the minute I build it. Even Civ4 had less of a repressive system than this.

Do you just want to turn this into OCC? Is this what we're moving towards? Each ****ing game you put out you somehow get it in your head that there's jut TOO MANY GOD DAMN cities on the map! You even have a ****ing trait for India that actually discourages buildings cities. What? Are you ****ing insane? I won't even get started on the civ traits because...well, obviously you didn't think things through very well. The barbarian bonuses as civ traits is just laugh out loud stupid. I mean I realize you only put MP in the game because you were forced to in order to get good reviews and sell it, but this? Seriously?

So basically your only options to stop unhappiness in the early game is resources. Of course the whole resource idea was flawed from the beginning anyway, but lets just put EVEN MORE emphasis on resources because that's the way they roll at Firaxis. Take something broken and emphasize it, pure genius at work. They even "simplified" the buildings available down to almost nothing. Everywhere I look I see "simplification" which is code for "we think you're too stupid to handle this so we're going to take some more stuff out of the game." Now your only real way to fix unhappiness is in classical age and you have to build a ****ing circus. Yes, I am not kidding here. Unless of course you're egypt, then you can build a burial chamber, which is just slightly overpowered I would think.

Honestly, I can't think of a reason to play this game at this point. They took everything bad about civ4 and took it up a notch. The game is designed for people that only want to build like maybe 5 cities at most. In fact, the game FORCES you to do that. What ****ing game can you think of that pretty much forces players to play a certain way and puts so many constraints on what can be done? God, I knew not to get my hopes up, but I really thought it would at least be better than this.
              First off, let me say this is probably my first post in Apolyton. Tend to post on CivFanatics.

Now that the intros are out of the way...

Are you insane? Basically, you're saying that you completely ignored your happiness level, and now want to ***** when it comes back to bite you? Rather than learn the new features and adapt to the game, you ***** and whine and moan about the 'good ol' days' of Civ2?

Resources are important to the game; Ignore them, and yeah, you're not going to have a fun game. Get over it, or don't play, don't ****ing whine about the world moving away from your antiquated ideas. Any new game requires you to learn the mechanics and adapt your playstyle, otherwise what in the hell is the point of a new game?

Since I know you will completely ignore this and continue to ***** like the overgrown child you obviously are, allow me to issue you a challenge: Design your own game. If you know so very much about how a game should be made, then do it. Make the game. Put up or shut up, good sir.
              Rise from Erebus - R i f E
              http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=360
              Member of the R i f E team

Comment

Wow, you're ****ing stupid. First of all, the resources are unbalanced. If I start with happiness resources and you don't you are screwed. Again, if you play SP you shouldn't even post because you're an idiot. Anyone can go beat up on an AI. It's real easy.

Comment

Yep. I'm totally stupid. It's not like I run a mod with thousands of players. Also not like I was one of ~80 people in the beta, out of the millions of players who would kill for it. No, I'm just a ****ing moron.

Have you even played Civ5? There is ample start balancing. Not everyone may get the same exact resources, but everyone gets them. It is also very easy to expand out to claim nearby happiness resources before you have the tech available to improve them.

MP is the bastardized offspring of SP in all Civ games. This is fact. There are still FAR more options for MP in this game (aside from certain traits; I can agree that they aren't suitable for MP), and there were groups of exclusively-MP testers.

Play the game enough to learn what you are talking about, sir, or get the **** out. It's really easy.

Comment

Wow, you're ****ing stupid. First of all, the resources are unbalanced. If I start with happiness resources and you don't you are screwed. Again, if you play SP you shouldn't even post because you're an idiot. Anyone can go beat up on an AI. It's real easy.
                    How do you know all civs won't start with happiness resources nearby?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

See, that's just the thing... They do. There is always one nearby.

Comment

I know.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Who the **** are you to talk to me? The fact that you're a modder says it all right there. You obviously don't know dick about MP game mechanics. Yes, you're a moron because obviously unless there's mirror maps shipped with Civ5 then it's not ample start balancing. Also, if you have to expand out to get happy resources and the other guy doesn't, you're ****ed, it's that simple. On King level the cities get mad at size 1 with a size 3 capital and ac ouple of size 1 cities. There is no way you can get your happy resources out fast enough to do much. Especially when we take into account that people are going to be sending in warriors and stuff ASAP in order to disrupt you. Again, you're a ****ing simple minded SP player. Just accept it and move on with your life.

Comment

Well, we who have played the game managed what you deem impossible.

Comment

Saved games or it didn't happen.

Comment

Save games for showing that all starts have at least one luxury resource within the city borders? Start the game yourself and see. Or save games for showing that positive happiness is possible with more than one city?

Comment

Working...
                                X